Author Topic: Intermediate/Advanced Hitchcock, Herzog, Kurosawa  (Read 1796 times)

James Kang

Intermediate/Advanced Hitchcock, Herzog, Kurosawa
« on: April 29, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
I think an interesting marathon would be to revisit one of your previous marathons, but choose other films you've never seen from that category. I would be especially interested in an Advanced Hitchcock, Advanced Herzog or Advanced Kurosawa marathon. I've picked out some movies I don't think either Adam or Matty have seen from those directors:

Advanced Hitchcock
The Birds
Marnie
The Lady Vanishes
The Wrong Man

Advanced Herzog
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
Lessons of Darkness
Stroszek
Little Dieter Needs to Fly

Advanced Kurosawa
Stray Dog
The Bad Sleep Well
Red Beard
Dodes-kaden
Kagemusha
Sanjuro
Dersu Uzala

I can add to those lists, if you want. All three directors have been so enormously prolific throughout their careers that you can do a second marathon about any of them and still find more classics. I think the Film Noir marathon was a favorite of Adam's, so maybe they could do an intermediate or advanced version of that too.

I would also prefer it if Adam and Matty reviewed films they've already seen previously. I think the best film critics are the ones that take the time to revisit the classics (in addition to searching for undiscovered gems, of course). Adam and Dana Stevens reviewed Taxi Driver a few weeks ago and I'd like to hear more reviews like that, particularly on Filmspotting After Hours (if they still do that segment, I've missed many episodes).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:08:27 PM by James Kang »