love

Author Topic: These Are a Few...  (Read 11994 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: These Are a Few...
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »
It's a wonder that you have any cars on the road!!

I'd have to stick with MRT or a bike. :)

Camacho and I are heading out for night ops. 

Ops or operations can be anything, heading out for a night on the town, driving around in a bobtail looking at airplanes, driving around in the desert picking things up and moving them from point A to point B.  If you're armed it's usually a you're volunteered op.

Ahhh, yes. This is very helpful. So my sentence should have read,

colonel_mexico's particular driving skills served him well on his Amalfi Coast ops. :)

(I had to look up bobtail. Did you get to drive one of those?)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:20:05 PM by Sandy »

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »
It's a wonder that you have any cars on the road!!

I'd have to stick with MRT or a bike. :)

Some say they use BMW.. Bike.. MRT...Walk.

They do manage to sell as many COEs that get issued otherwise the price for the COE would have to drop.  So that car population is controlled and the roads are pretty crowded but not LA bad

Found an article from last year that had the top selling models

5. Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
4. BMW 3 Series -
3. BMW 5 Series -
2. Toyota Corolla Altis -
1. Mercedes-Benz E-Class -
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 10:30:46 PM »
:D

♫"One of these things is not like the others!"♫

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 11:08:53 PM »
Yeah we had bobtails at PGM, but they were mostly for moving stuff from the revetments and around the bomb dump to missile shop.  Typically the flight line guys (line-d) guys drive those taking the stuff we build up out there.  I drove one to the flight line every once and again to eat at the squadron chow hall, they had some good food.  Admittedly, I always had really good food, that seems to be an AF perk. 
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
Yeah we had bobtails at PGM, but they were mostly for moving stuff from the revetments and around the bomb dump to missile shop.  Typically the flight line guys (line-d) guys drive those taking the stuff we build up out there.  I drove one to the flight line every once and again to eat at the squadron chow hall, they had some good food.

:D

I can just see you trying to park that bobtail in a chow hall parking space. You of all people could do it!

Admittedly, I always had really good food, that seems to be an AF perk.

This is good to know! With all your hard work, good food is the least they could do for you.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2015, 10:02:07 AM »
:)  They are pretty small actually, and on the flight line lots of room to park, just don't forget to chalk the wheels!  I really cut my parallel and parking skills in Italy this last summer, our apartment had very limited space.  Otherwise you were hiking up Via Cosseria to get home.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
:)  They are pretty small actually, and on the flight line lots of room to park, just don't forget to chalk the wheels!

I'm so military illiterate! I think I figured out flight line, but why do you chalk the wheels? Isn't that the job of a parking enforcement officer? :)

I really cut my parallel and parking skills in Italy this last summer, our apartment had very limited space.  Otherwise you were hiking up Via Cosseria to get home.

I just google map walked Via Cosseria and saw the castle! :) Not being well versed in parallel parking, I'd have to get good fast, or hope for one of those right angle spaces.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2015, 02:34:04 PM »
You have to chalk all vehicles, if you don't and the chief or the CO sees it not a good day for you.  No parking enforcement officers :)

Yes I miss the little castle, actually if we could I'd like to see about purchasing the place or something similar and close by.  One day perhaps.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
Wow! That would be amazing! :)

love