Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998598 times)

Gobman

Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #22350 on: November 10, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Aliens do weird stuff and make various people go crazy, but it's okay because they come in tonal peace or something. Very atmospheric, the atmosphere is generally one of hope and wonder where you expect fear and paranoia, which was a nice surprise. Pretty good performances all around but where this film shines is in its technical aspects, it looks amazing and sounds amazing and holy crap are those special effects amazing.

5/5

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22351 on: November 10, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »
The Lake House

In remembrance of Sam.  ;D
Great write-up, lotr-sam.  :)  (You're "one of the few who love Atonement"? I've not seen it, but I thought a lot of people like that one?)
Critics may have liked it but most people I know who've seen it despise it.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #22352 on: November 10, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
The Lake House

In remembrance of Sam.  ;D
Great write-up, lotr-sam.  :)  (You're "one of the few who love Atonement"? I've not seen it, but I thought a lot of people like that one?)
Critics may have liked it but most people I know who've seen it despise it.

It's pretty good, not great. That beach sequence is fantastic though.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #22353 on: November 10, 2009, 08:39:35 PM »
SW: The Phantom Menace

Every time I watch this I find more and more to dislike. Poor dialogue, faulty logic, aging cg... but there is one scene that keeps me coming back. That and the music. One day, before I'm dead, I hope someone comes along and redoes the whole Star Wars saga. Maybe if the folks who did Battlestar could get their hands on it. The way Lucas has butchered it over the years I'm no longer inclined to hold it as sacred. I want someone else to have a crack at it.

It's probably the only 1 star film I've seen more than once. In fact I've probably seen it 7 or 8 times.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #22354 on: November 10, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »
Rope

Come on. Easily top 100.

Of the Hitchcock I've Seen:
1. Psycho
2. Vertigo
3. Rope
4. The Birds

Grade: A

Not a lot of people give love to Rope. I'm glad you watched it and even more glad you enjoyed it.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #22355 on: November 10, 2009, 09:18:41 PM »

Every time I watch this I find more and more to dislike. Poor dialogue, faulty logic, aging cg... but there is one scene that keeps me coming back. That and the music. One day, before I'm dead, I hope someone comes along and redoes the whole Star Wars saga. Maybe if the folks who did Battlestar could get their hands on it. The way Lucas has butchered it over the years I'm no longer inclined to hold it as sacred. I want someone else to have a crack at it.

It's probably the only 1 star film I've seen more than once. In fact I've probably seen it 7 or 8 times.

I've had the same experience.  Deminishing returns on repeated viewings.  Really too bad. 

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #22356 on: November 10, 2009, 09:19:52 PM »

I didn't like the part where the actors read their lines in very bland manner.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22357 on: November 10, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »

I hated the part with sounds and moving images.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #22358 on: November 10, 2009, 09:24:20 PM »

I hated the part with sounds and moving images.

Totally.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #22359 on: November 10, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
Rope

Come on. Easily top 100.

Of the Hitchcock I've Seen:
1. Psycho
2. Vertigo
3. Rope
4. The Birds

Grade: A

Not a lot of people give love to Rope. I'm glad you watched it and even more glad you enjoyed it.

Word.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”