Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998407 times)

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #25280 on: January 08, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »
I enjoyed his little segments with the cast of Jersey Shore last night.
What was that on? I saw pics of him with them but didn't know what that was about.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #25281 on: January 08, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »
I enjoyed his little segments with the cast of Jersey Shore last night.
What was that on? I saw pics of him with them but didn't know what that was about.

they were bumpers during Jersey Shore last night for Youth in Revolt. I recorded it and ff through that horrid show.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #25282 on: January 08, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »
that horrid show.
I think you misspelled awesome.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #25283 on: January 08, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »
that horrid show.
I think you misspelled awesome.

I can only take it in small clip-sized doses.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #25284 on: January 08, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »
Defiance (Edward Zwick, 2008) -

It was a slightly above average film I think. I have generally liked Zwick, save The Last Samurai, which I still didn't hate. It has good action, a nice setting, some decent performances, and some heart to go with it. It didn't feel long even thought it was over two hours. Though it doesn't have me having to talk any more about it. So there's that.

Rating: **1/2
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #25285 on: January 08, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »
Zodiac

oh, man! Cements '07 as my favourite year of the decade. Almost faultless, except for Rob Downey going from being a central character to practically dropped from the film with no real explaination or follow up. After halfway he had one more scene with Donnie Darko in the boat and one scene with an oxygen mask near the end... and thats it?... i thought that was handled badly.

Except for that, 3 hours well spent - It didnt feel baggy or drawn out, kept the tension going right until final whistle. Brilliant stuff.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:29:57 PM by IDrinkYourMilkshake »
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #25286 on: January 08, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »
Leaving Las Vegas - first time seeing this one. I have a whole new appreciation for Elizabeth Shue as an actress. I love movies like this one. Two main characters, everone else is secondary. You get to see both actors really stretch their legs. At first I thought I was watching a drama about a man drinking his life away but to me it was a strange love story.

4/5

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #25287 on: January 08, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »
Also, Michael Cera has cemented himself as the rich man's Jesse Eisenberg for sure. Eisenberg ain't got nothing on Cera.

He has no range at all. Not even a little. He basically cant act at all. He just reads the lines in the exact same way as he acts in his everyday life.

Since when was it required for an actor to have range? Bogart played the same type of character his entire career, and he was pretty fu**ing great at it.

There's only so much Cera could play due to his physical appearance. You would not buy him as Daniel Plainview, not now, not ever.

His skill as an actor lies in his comedic timing, which he's terrific at.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #25288 on: January 08, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »
Leaving Las Vegas - first time seeing this one. I have a whole new appreciation for Elizabeth Shue as an actress. I love movies like this one. Two main characters, everone else is secondary. You get to see both actors really stretch their legs. At first I thought I was watching a drama about a man drinking his life away but to me it was a strange love story.

4/5

It is really great and both leads are so good in it.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #25289 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:30 PM »
Also, Michael Cera has cemented himself as the rich man's Jesse Eisenberg for sure. Eisenberg ain't got nothing on Cera.

He has no range at all. Not even a little. He basically cant act at all. He just reads the lines in the exact same way as he acts in his everyday life.

Since when was it required for an actor to have range? Bogart played the same type of character his entire career, and he was pretty fu**ing great at it.

There's only so much Cera could play due to his physical appearance. You would not buy him as Daniel Plainview, not now, not ever.

His skill as an actor lies in his comedic timing, which he's terrific at.

Right.  Everyone seems to forget how young he really is.  I won't claim that he's going to blossom into some great dramatic actor in the future, but I don't think that matters, as long as he's making people laugh.

love