love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5997362 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #26290 on: January 26, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
Gran Torino (2008, Clint)

Grand Torino 2008 (Spit Scene)
How did this not win at last year's Filmspots?
Because it sucks.

Inside Man (2006, Spike Lee)
B

First viewing since the theatre. I had forgotten how much fun this was. Nothing heavy, just a lot of fun.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26291 on: January 26, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
Because it sucks.
Actually, nah, it doesn't. It's just trying very hard not to be loved.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #26292 on: January 26, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
Because it sucks.

Mission accomplished in my book.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26293 on: January 26, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »
Because it sucks.

Very good description Tequila. It is trying not to be loved. I liked it also.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #26294 on: January 26, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »
Hot Rod (Akiva Schaffer, 2007)

This comedy tried to hit a very specific funny bone that I guess I don't have. I cringed at every joke and rolled my eyes at the predictable gags. Samberg, who I've enjoyed in small doses on SNL, is completely annoying here. There's no variety to his performance or the way in which he tries to be funny. Also, I'm now officially sick of seeing Bill Hader in comedies. At first he was funny, then he was tolerable, now he's just a tired old joke... like Ken Jeong.

A complete flop.

IMDB link

Paris, je t'aime (Various, 2006)

This cinematic circle jerk was a complete bore. I kept waiting for one of the scenes to make an impact on me in some way but fell asleep before that ever happened. I'm left wondering what the point of it all was. It wasn't funny, it wasn't thrilling, it wasn't sad, it wasn't anything. Maybe the point was to be completely f*cking inert.

Sorry about the cussing, I just really hated this one. It's right down there with Gummo and Rush Hour 3.

IMDB link
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:27:14 PM by smirnoff »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26295 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Everything you need to know about Paris, je t'aime is in the title.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #26296 on: January 26, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »

This cinematic circle jerk was a complete bore. I kept waiting for one of the scenes to make an impact on me in some way but fell asleep before that ever happened. I'm left wondering what the point of it all was. It wasn't funny, it wasn't thrilling, it wasn't sad, it wasn't anything. Maybe the point was to be completely f*cking inert.

Sorry about the cussing, I just really hated this one. It's right down there with Gummo and Rush Hour 3.

I can see not liking Paris, je t'aime as a whole, but I can't believe there weren't at least a few segments that you liked.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #26297 on: January 26, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »
How can you say such things about Bill Hader? He is so awesome, and should definitely be in more stuff. I also loved his voice work in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Cool beans.

Also, Paris, je t'aime is hit or miss, but there are definitely some segments that I really liked a lot.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #26298 on: January 26, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »

I can see not liking Paris, je t'aime as a whole, but I can't believe there weren't at least a few segments that you liked.

Hmm... you're right I guess. I laughed when Buscemi was getting hit in the face with spit balls. His reaction was great.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #26299 on: January 26, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »
Hot Rod is about a kid trying to raise enough money to save his step-dad who he hates so much that he doesn't want him to die just so he can beat him up. That is one of the best plots ever. I rather enjoyed it.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."