Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5997604 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #29750 on: April 07, 2010, 09:28:21 AM »
Glad to see Chardy is back.

Also, glad to see you like Young@Heart Smirnoff. Although I think it's basically impossible to not like it. :D

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #29751 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

Young @ Heart Stephen Walker + Sally George, 2007

Don't like it.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29752 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:40 AM »

Young @ Heart Stephen Walker + Sally George, 2007

Don't like it.

ok FLY.

Feel cool and original now?

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #29753 on: April 07, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »
i'm with the roujin.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #29754 on: April 07, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »

This absolutely, f**king brilliant film has usurped "Inglourious Basterds" as my favorite film from 2009...

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29755 on: April 07, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »
i'm with the roujin [on Young@Heart].

Also also wik.

Old people singing really good songs poorly does not amuse me. Only thing worse would be children singing really good songs poorly.

I didn't really dislike it but I wasn't glowing like others seem to have been in response.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29756 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »
wtf I catch crap for not liking kids and you all hate on senior citizens.  ;)

You are all dead inside!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #29757 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:59 AM »
wtf I catch crap for not liking kids and you all hate on senior citizens.  ;)

You are all dead inside!

I hate children and old people - i'm only interested in watching attractive persons between the ages of 18 and 54 deal with the struggles inherent to attractive persons between the ages of 18 and 54.

also stop motion animated foxes.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #29758 on: April 07, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »
Old people singing really good songs poorly does not amuse me. Only thing worse would be children singing really good songs poorly.

As much as that was the point of the film, that wasn't the point of it at all.  It's about what sustains you after every else is the world has been stripped away from you.  

Imagine a time 50-60 years from now.  All your friends, parents, siblings, aunts and uncles are dead.  You've been out of the work force for 20 years and you're completely irrelevant.  You are in constant and sometimes unbearable pain.  You know you will be dead within ten years.  People who won't even be born for three more decades will be marginalizing and condensending to you everywhere you go.

The fact that there still could be some hope, some will to get up out of bed in the morning was very inspiring to me.  
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #29759 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »

As much as that was the point of the film, that wasn't the point of it at all.  It's about what sustains you after every else is the world has been stripped away from you.  

Imagine a time 50-60 years from now.  All your friends, parents, siblings, aunts and uncles are dead.  You've been out of the work force for 20 years and you're completely irrelevant.  You are in constant and sometimes unbearable pain.  You know you will be dead within ten years.  People who won't even be born for three more decades will be marginalizing and condensending to you everywhere you go.

The fact that there still could be some hope, some will to get up out of bed in the morning was very inspiring to me.  
Well said.

I'll add that I enjoyed it precisely because it wasn't that type of film that tries to make you say "awww, look at the cute old people" (except for the narrator who did sometimes treat them like stuffed animals, ugh). Old people still have dignity and this movie doesn't take it away from them
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:29:56 AM by smirnoff »