Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 3767109 times)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: Rate the last movie you watched
« Reply #3790 on: February 10, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »
Oh, God!  (Carl Reiner, 1977)
     Pleasant.
     Grade: C+

pixote

It's interesting how you're moving through everything but what skjerva and I suggested. Will it be tonight?

pixote

• Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #3791 on: February 10, 2008, 05:20:34 PM »
It's interesting how you're moving through everything but what skjerva and I suggested. Will it be tonight?

Today will either be Lily Chou-Chou or a return to Filmspot films with Rescue Dawn, Eastern Promises, The King of Kong, or — more than likely — Persepolis.

pixote
I think I'd love how awkward it'd be, or how awkward it should be.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
    • Forced Perspective
« Reply #3792 on: February 10, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
Please see Rescue Dawn and Eastern Promises before voting.
I'm like Cold Stone: you either like me, love me, or gotta have me.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #3793 on: February 10, 2008, 05:49:39 PM »

Today will either be Lily Chou-Chou or a return to Filmspot films with Rescue Dawn, Eastern Promises, The King of Kong, or more than likely Persepolis.

pixote

What other Filmspot nominees do you have yet to watch?  If it wasn't -17 (-29 windchill) I'd transit up for a new helping of nominees, at least I got three more off my list this week(end); unfortunately, mail service here sucks, I should be with a couple more Netflix offerings that still have yet to arrive.

No End in Sight - fine, but seems like it could have used some graphic organizers, and/or maybe a different editing of segments.  Good info, but plods along rather tediously - it is no SiCKO!
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
    • Forced Perspective
« Reply #3794 on: February 10, 2008, 06:05:42 PM »
No End in Sight - fine, but seems like it could have used some graphic organizers, and/or maybe a different editing of segments.  Good info, but plods along rather tediously - it is no SiCKO!

I actually agree.
I'm like Cold Stone: you either like me, love me, or gotta have me.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #3795 on: February 10, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

I actually agree.
I agree with everything except the bit about SiCKO, which I haven't seen.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #3796 on: February 10, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »
Once

Everything this movie does it does well, but I need more out of my movies. Charming sure, but a little too quaint for my liking. The music wasn't my cup of tea either... too generic. Still, I would recommend it to some people.

aaronscooter

« Reply #3797 on: February 10, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins- pretty bland, not too funny, generic heartwarming message, but better than Fool's Gold, Over Her Dead Body, Strange Wilderness or The Eye...

roner

• Groovy
    • Boxwatcher
« Reply #3798 on: February 11, 2008, 01:13:33 AM »
Just finished Once.  I liked it but I don't think I connected with it the way many people seem to have.  I've never been much of a musical guy.  The singing always brought me out of the story, but with Once it was done so low key it really worked for me.  I loved how everything seemed so authentic, from the characters to the admiration they felt for each and the joy they radiated while playing the music.  Pretty good flick!  **** out of *****. 

"No matter where you go, there you are."
                               -Buckaroo Banzai

www.boxwatcher.net
www.viewfromthecheapseatsonline.com
With Podcast!

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #3799 on: February 11, 2008, 02:06:16 AM »
The Hole
Cinecasting awesome!  Gorgeously filmed long takes without much seemingly happening until in a flash something weird and beautiful does happen.  Contains one of my favorite scenes of all time (hand reaches through hole... (don't want to give too much away)).  The musical numbers are outrageous and terribly catchy.  I am now a Tsai Ming-Liang devotee.
9/10

The Wicker Man (1975)
Almost as demented as the Leonard Nimoy "Bilbo Baggins" music video.  Creepy surreal first act builds to one of the most stunning finales of all time.  I always knew hippies were evil.
8/10

This is hilarious: