love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996434 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #13720 on: April 25, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
Monsters Vs. Aliens

Movie is meh. 3D is beyond amazing.

Grade: B-

Damn it, I should do all in my power to catch this in 3-D. Perhaps during that Tuesday or Wednesday of finals week if it's still playing.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #13721 on: April 25, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »
Hannah Montana The Movie - Like Slumdog Millionaire except good. After my papers and stuff I'll write more in depth things all up in the spoilerific thread.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #13722 on: April 25, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
Hannah Montana The Movie - Like Slumdog Millionaire except good. After my papers and stuff I'll write more in depth things all up in the spoilerific thread.

I can't believe a sentence so wrong has ever been stitched together.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13723 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »

True, they were both filmed with cameras and featured Homo sapiens. I can see the similarities.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #13724 on: April 25, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »
Actually, they are both purely escapist cinema. The difference is that one rides on a high horse and the other just exists to entertain without masquerading as something more.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #13725 on: April 25, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »
Actually, they are both purely escapist cinema. The difference is that one rides on a high horse and the other just exists to entertain without masquerading as something more.

heh, its the people who watched it that put Slumdog on its horse - the film doesn't ever take itself all that seriously. separate the art from the reaction.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #13726 on: April 25, 2009, 01:26:39 PM »

heh, its the people who watched it that put Slumdog on its horse - the film doesn't ever take itself all that seriously. separate the art from the reaction.

You're right. I'll stick to my assertion that it's practically the same as Hannah Montana, except not as well paced or engaging.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #13727 on: April 25, 2009, 01:27:51 PM »
Mitt Liv Som Hund (My Life As A Dog, 1985) ***1/2
http://billsmovieemporium.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/review-mitt-liv-som-hund-1985/

Well done coming of age type story, although it's more a quirky slice of life than coming of age. Obviously lying to the kid about his dog got me going, but it was a well acted and interesting movie with honest portrayals of youth.

This is by far the most realistic movie I've ever seen about a child losing their parent. It's great.

"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13728 on: April 25, 2009, 01:29:22 PM »

I dont remember it ever being on a high horse. I didnt read any Marxist treatise on the role of poverty in the movie, did you? I think most people saw the movie as a fun ride with a few minor comments on Indian society. Hardly a high horse unless you mean it was on a high horse because it was so fun and well made. In that case ok its horse was well earned.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13729 on: April 25, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »

You're right. I'll stick to my assertion that it's practically the same as Hannah Montana, except not as well paced or engaging.

Ok I dont want to call something someone says outright stupid but not even you can really believe this. ROTFL to Hannah being well placed.