Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996111 times)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #18360 on: August 16, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »

The Hangover (Todd Phillips, 2009)

It's funny but it's just this celebration of these male rites of passage that I want nothing to do with (and yet somehow get roped into doing anyway). And there's this kind of awful attitude in the characters and it's so one-dimensional and its laughs just consist of nothing but one crazy thing happening after the other. Yeah, it's VEGAS. Whatever. Bradley Cooper plays a huge asshole convincingly, Ed Helms plays Ed Helms convincingly, Zach Whatshisname kind of sucks and his awkwardness and stupidity is supposed to be funny, I guess, but it's really not. I don't know. Maybe I should've watched it with my bros or something and we could've all had fun calling each other gay or something. Yeah, there's something to think about.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #18361 on: August 16, 2009, 11:43:01 PM »
I like that you gave ET an A+. It's totally deserving.
Yeah, it's awesome.

It's Spielberg's best.
It might be, I always think of Jaws as number 1, but now I'm not so sure.

It's not perfect, but it certainly was pretty compelling.
Yep. I liked it more than I thought I would.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #18362 on: August 16, 2009, 11:44:12 PM »

It's funny but it's just this celebration of these male rites of passage that I want nothing to do with (and yet somehow get roped into doing anyway). And there's this kind of awful attitude in the characters and it's so one-dimensional and its laughs just consist of nothing but one crazy thing happening after the other. Yeah, it's VEGAS. Whatever. Bradley Cooper plays a huge asshole convincingly, Ed Helms plays Ed Helms convincingly, Zach Whatshisname kind of sucks and his awkwardness and stupidity is supposed to be funny, I guess, but it's really not. I don't know. Maybe I should've watched it with my bros or something and we could've all had fun calling each other gay or something. Yeah, there's something to think about.

so sam's not yr bro?

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #18363 on: August 16, 2009, 11:48:49 PM »
We're all bros here.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #18364 on: August 16, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »

But, then again, my favourite comedy of the moment is I Don't Want to Sleep Alone, so I don't know what I was expecting.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #18365 on: August 17, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »
matt, I agree with everything you said, even about the films I haven't seen yet.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #18366 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:36 AM »
District 9  (Neill Blomkamp, 2009)
I should sleep more.
Grade: ?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #18367 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:34 AM »
I like that you gave ET an A+. It's totally deserving.

Actually, the complete opposite is true. It's the third worst film I've had the displeasure of watching, right behind Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

It's Spielberg's best.

roujin, you're makin' me sad  :'(  :'(  :'(

But then you post things like this and things get all better. Spot on about Zach G as well. It's a pretty piss poor film.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #18368 on: August 17, 2009, 01:21:46 AM »
matt, I agree with everything you said, even about the films I haven't seen yet.

pixote
:)
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #18369 on: August 17, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »
All That Jazz - I heart Fosse.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene