Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996929 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #18710 on: August 23, 2009, 09:03:26 AM »
And the Inglorious Basterds hype continues. Even roujin likes this film. Now I know it's overrated.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #18711 on: August 23, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »
Inglourious Basterds.

This movie reminded me of The Brothers Bloom. They both end in a theater, they are both pretty damn funny, and they are both freaking awesome in every way possible. I don't think that this film could be any better than it is. Nothing wasn't perfect.

Asuperplus.

They both almost end in theaters, unless you were going all meta and saying while watching the films they both ended while still in the movie theater.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #18712 on: August 23, 2009, 10:34:50 AM »
Inglourious Basterds.

This movie reminded me of The Brothers Bloom. They both end in a theater, they are both pretty damn funny, and they are both freaking awesome in every way possible. I don't think that this film could be any better than it is. Nothing wasn't perfect.

Asuperplus.

They both almost end in theaters, unless you were going all meta and saying while watching the films they both ended while still in the movie theater.

I meant they climaxed in a theater. But maybe that is also me going all meta.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #18713 on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »
And the Inglorious Basterds hype continues. Even roujin likes this film. Now I know it's overrated.

Or maybe, and it's just a thought, everyone else on earth is not mistaken and the movie really is great.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #18714 on: August 23, 2009, 10:57:28 AM »
District 9 (Neill Blomkamp, 2009)

I liked it a lot. I had some issues with it that I'll address in the spoiler thread, but in all it was a really fun movie with the some interesting ideas and spectacular effects.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #18715 on: August 23, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »

Or maybe, and it's just a thought, everyone else on earth is not mistaken and the movie really is great.

It's really not though, it's all kinds of awful. It's cool that everyone loves it, and it's not a movie I really feel the need to debate about, but it's typical QT awfulness, except for even worse than usual.

LeosAxe

« Reply #18716 on: August 23, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
My Neighbor Totoro. It made its way into my top 3 Miyazaki. Probably my second favorite. I can't remember the last time a movie made me smile so much.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #18717 on: August 23, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »
It's really not though, it's all kinds of awful. It's cool that everyone loves it, and it's not a movie I really feel the need to debate about, but it's typical QT awfulness, except for even worse than usual.

Bill, can you point me towards your review? I know you're not a QT fan, but I'd like to hear what specifically you find so terrible about IB.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #18718 on: August 23, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »

Bill, can you point me towards your review? I know you're not a QT fan, but I'd like to hear what specifically you find so terrible about IB.

His hatred of QT is identical to FLY's love of Disney crap. They are completely irrational and no logic can penetrate them. QT could study every movie Bill loves and Bill's life experience, and then craft a movie just for Bill, and he would still hate it.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #18719 on: August 23, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »

Ruggles of Red Gap

delicious class comedy.  Top 200
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)