Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 3694324 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #20030 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
The Informant (2009, Steven Soderbergh)

3/5

There enough moments throughout to keep me interested, but it's kind of stale overall.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #20031 on: September 21, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
Alice In Wonderland (1951) ****

I decided to pick up the Disney marathon again, since it's not my marathon I won't be adjusting the schedule or anything, but every few weeks I'll post a topic for the next movie on the schedule, provided someone else hasn't already posted a topic for it. Either way, it's a great movie and my review is up, so check it out in the marathon section, here.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #20032 on: September 21, 2009, 04:06:48 PM »

3/5

There enough moments throughout to keep me interested, but it's kind of stale overall.

That seems to be the recurring sentiment....sounds like a safe bet to hold off for DVD
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20033 on: September 21, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
The Hurt Locker

I know this is a Board favorite and have wanted to watch this to form an opinion since so many of you enjoyed it.

It was OK, not as great as I wanted it to be.  There are some really great scenes in this, but the interpersonal material outside of the combat scenes was far less interesting to me.  There are some really good performances and the last scene with the martyr/unwilling martyr was pretty excellent.  I'm glad I saw it, but I'm not sure how much I really liked it.

Grade B
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

pixote

• Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #20034 on: September 21, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
Exactly.

pixote
I think I'd love how awkward it'd be, or how awkward it should be.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #20035 on: September 21, 2009, 04:19:41 PM »

3/5

I would argue that it's supposed to be stale. It's a Soderbergh experiment that completely works, to my mind.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: Rate the last movie you watched
« Reply #20036 on: September 21, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »
The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai - great pink film update of Strangelove, though this one works its anti-war, anti-phallic critique through theme of rape culture.

I have this on dvd somewhere. Need to dig it up.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #20037 on: September 21, 2009, 05:49:44 PM »
The Hurt Locker

I know this is a Board favorite and have wanted to watch this to form an opinion since so many of you enjoyed it.

It was OK, not as great as I wanted it to be.  There are some really great scenes in this, but the interpersonal material outside of the combat scenes was far less interesting to me.  There are some really good performances and the last scene with the martyr/unwilling martyr was pretty excellent.  I'm glad I saw it, but I'm not sure how much I really liked it.

Grade B

I think the real question is, does this film kick more or less ass than Hannah Montana: The Movie?

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #20038 on: September 21, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »
The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai - great pink film update of Strangelove, though this one works its anti-war, anti-phallic critique through theme of rape culture.

damn, how'd you stumble on that?
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #20039 on: September 21, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »

damn, how'd you stumble on that?

and yeah, you should dig it up.  i forgot all about it, good stuff :)
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)