love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996568 times)

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #21670 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
Some sort of equality of worth for Heathers and Mean Girls...  ??? Say it ain't so!
I know there's more than a few out there who aren't fans of Mean Girls, but it captures high school in the noughties so well. Plus it's funny, and clever, and written by Tina Fey. I felt like Heathers probably had better moments, but wasn't as consistent. I'd say it's probably a B versus a B+ tho, so it's not like I put one massively over the other.

BlueVoid

• Elite Member
    • Movie Fodder
« Reply #21671 on: October 29, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

This is It[2009]
Feeling more like a TV special than a full fledged documentary, the film shows us the rehearsals for Michael Jackson's last concert that never was.  There was little else to it than the man doing the rehearsals so its a little hard to review.  If you enjoy Michael Jackson it will be enjoyable, if not than there is no reason for you to be watching it.  Besides the rehearsals there is only bits of short interviews with the rest of the cast.  At nearly two hours it drags a bit, but anticipating the next act kept me in it. The most interesting bits were when Michael interacts with the rest of the crew, putting his two cents into the production.  He comes off as a true star, knowing exactly what he wanted.  It was even more intriguing to see how revered he was with the crew.  He was everyone's idol and they hung on his every word.  Despite his age, and health, MJ had lost nothing.  Just listening to him even in rehearsal, you could feel his passion.  It's a shame he couldn't have gotten this one last show in.
Rating: 3/5
Former blog on FlickChart: The Depths of Obscurity
Letterboxd 
iCM
Twitter

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #21672 on: October 29, 2009, 10:14:55 PM »
French Kiss

**/****

Sorry Chardy. I guess we dont have exacty the same tastes. I didnt like this one very much. I found Klein's accent irritating and there was not much chemistry between he and Ryan.

Blasphemy! You think you're all high and mighty with your new mod powers, eh? Powertrip? You're dead to me.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21673 on: October 29, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
French Kiss

**/****

Sorry Chardy. I guess we dont have exacty the same tastes. I didnt like this one very much. I found Klein's accent irritating and there was not much chemistry between he and Ryan.

Blasphemy! You think you're all high and mighty with your new mod powers, eh? Powertrip? You're dead to me.

I am surprised too. I was totally expecting to love it .

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #21674 on: October 29, 2009, 10:17:16 PM »
French Kiss

**/****

Spasms!! Spasms!!!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #21675 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »
#253.

The Descent (Neil Marshall, 2005) -

See full review here

Rating: **1/2
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21676 on: October 29, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »
Moon

****/****

Wow, a science fiction movie without a single laser battle. Can it be true?

I am so glad I knew almost nothing about this movie going in. It blew me away. I absolutely loved every second of this film. The cinematography, sounds, score, set direction, script and, of course, acting are top notch. Sam Rockwell should be in every movie that comes out!

A rare film about ideas that never bores. I am sure I am going to get flamed for this, but this movie succeeds where Blade Runner failed.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #21677 on: October 29, 2009, 11:58:30 PM »
Moon

****/****

Wow, a science fiction movie without a single laser battle. Can it be true?

I am so glad I knew almost nothing about this movie going in. It blew me away. I absolutely loved every second of this film. The cinematography, sounds, score, set direction, script and, of course, acting are top notch. Sam Rockwell should be in every movie that comes out!

A rare film about ideas that never bores. I am sure I am going to get flamed for this, but this movie succeeds where Blade Runner failed.

I'm totally with you on this.  Right on to your Blade Runner comment (although I still like BR quite a bit) So cool you went in spoiler free.  I hope Rockwell gets remembered come oscar time.  But the more this year goes the more remote that possibilty seems to get.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21678 on: October 30, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »

I hope Rockwell gets remembered come oscar time.  But the more this year goes the more remote that possibilty seems to get.

Right now he is a lock for me!

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #21679 on: October 30, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »

I hope Rockwell gets remembered come oscar time.  But the more this year goes the more remote that possibilty seems to get.

Right now he is a lock for me!

but he could be norminated in more than one category :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

love