Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996706 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #21720 on: October 30, 2009, 04:17:09 PM »
Not all, most. CG was used in certain cases where models were too restrictive, and to tie things together, and do set extensions and the like. I'm all for traditional model work, but it's very ignorant to say all CG looks bad, especially when you're being fooled by it all the time.

Ignorant or not CGI looks bad more often than not and the more there is the worse the movie looks. You may love it, but I hate it. I am fine with it being a minor addition but when it is the main tool it makes for a terrible looking movie.

So much wrong with this post, especially when numerous examples have been given to you in the past that prove this to not be the case.

You can give me all the examples you like and it wont change the fact that traditional effects look significantly better then CGI in nearly every case.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes v. Jurassic Park?

I couldn't eat any tomatoes for weeks after watching that.

I'm the same way about broccoli after watching one Powerpuff Girls episode.  Okay, I never eat broccoli.

"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #21721 on: October 30, 2009, 04:52:14 PM »
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes v. Jurassic Park?

That made me laugh. :D

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #21722 on: October 30, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
Zombieland - dull

I'm glad to hear this.  I currently have a zombie/mummy movie ban ongoing, and I've been close to breaking it to watch this!
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Woodpecker from Mars

« Reply #21723 on: October 30, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »
Do it. Funniest film of 09.
Jag vil knarka!

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #21724 on: October 30, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »
Zombieland - dull

I currently have a zombie/mummy movie ban ongoing

Uh, why, exactly?
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21725 on: October 30, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »
Zombieland - dull

I currently have a zombie/mummy movie ban ongoing

Uh, why, exactly?

It's like Lent for Halloween?

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #21726 on: October 30, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »
Repulsion - Roman Polanski, 1965

Absolutely loved it. I would advise not reading anything about it - just come in fresh as I did. Polanski creates a wonderfully weird, creepy world full of reflections and skewed angles. I was shocked, aghast, mouth agape for pretty much the entire 100 minutes. 9/10.

Same with me. The silent bit where the wall opens up, still sends shivers down my spine!

Glad you liked it, one of my favourite psychological-horror films.

Nobody does it like Polanski, watch Rosemary's baby if you haven't already.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Fugee

• Elite Member
« Reply #21727 on: October 30, 2009, 06:55:26 PM »
Do it. Funniest film of 09.

This, but not sure about the second sentence.

exskiman

« Reply #21728 on: October 30, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »
An Education

Just saw it though I have not yet listened to Adam and Matty. Really great performances from Mulligan and Sarsgaard and Molina. Ok so I had trouble believing her to be 16 but when has anyone playing a 16 year old looked 16 anyway. Pretty awful conditions in the theatre itself (some horrible problems with the sound) but overall I enjoyed the movie. As for the big tonal shift I've heard so much about in the final act there is a shift but I do not really see it as too big nor as really something unexpected. It's pretty much where the film had to be going, as far as I could tell. And of course I really love Nick Hornby though I have to say the performances here are the reason to see this film not it's script. I very good, though not great movie but you could see much worse and well actually at the moment not too much better.

B/B+

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21729 on: October 30, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »
The Dreamers

****/****

I just fell in love with these people and this movie. It's really not fair. I had no fighting chance. It's about sex, cinema, poetry, literature, Communism, political protest, late 60's music and how we navigate our adult lives. It is filled with shots from great classic films, both original and recreated. It references those films, both explicitly and implicitly.

It is the film QT would make if he made such films.

It was tailor made for me to to fall in love with. The only thing missing is Natalie Portman.

P.S. Those who dislike the MPDG will hate this movie as it is basically about two MPDguys and a MPDGirl getting together and discovering their sexuality and adult lives.

love