Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5997281 times)

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #23390 on: December 01, 2009, 04:02:19 PM »
I'm sure there's somebody out there who found worth in Epic Movie.

Doesn't mean it's not dreck.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #23391 on: December 01, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »
I'm sure there's somebody out there who found worth in Epic Movie.

Doesn't mean it's not dreck.

Well I don't know about that. I remember seeing it and saying to myself, "why would someone make a film that not a single person could call their favorite movie." But maybe you're right, but comparing Epic Movie to Paper Heart I don't think is a fair comparison.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #23392 on: December 01, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »
SOMEBODY GET FLY!!

What in God's name are the first two words acronyms for?

You tell me what the third one is for, and I'll tell you the first two.

Accept the mystery.

Well done sir.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23393 on: December 01, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »
Star Trek

Kicking off my 2009 Marathon with 2 hours of lens flare. Even made a special tag for it.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #23394 on: December 01, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »
Star Trek
Dir.  J.J. Abrams

I really enjoyed this back in the spring when I saw it.  I had a great viewing in an awesome little theater in Norfolk, England but it was quickly swallowed up by my responsibilities with work.  My housemates and I watched it Sunday night, my second viewing.  Its has just made the majors for me.  SO good.  Welcome to the top ten.

Grade A

Awesome. Gotta love 'em lens flares.

I pointed this out to a friend recently who didn't notice them. It blew his mind when we started to watch it how many there really are. I still really enjoyed the movie too though.

Though???  That's one of the coolest things about it!

My boyfriend and I rewatched it this weekend, and he couldn't stand the lens flares, he found it utterly distracting. Me, I didn't mind.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:02:59 PM by ses593 »
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #23395 on: December 01, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »
Oh FLY, you should be doing a blog entry. You're such a bad person  :-\

Treeless Mountain

I'm not entirely sure if I just watched something tragic or not, but I do know that I certainly watched something beautiful. The film is a visual powerhouse, crammed with scenes that are perfectly crafted and speak volumes about the talent of the cinematographer. The lead actress is delivers a knock out performance as well, displaying a cracking innocence of a child who is forced to grow up far too quickly for her own benefit. Yet the film captures a childlike sense of wonder and amazement that allows the viewer to connect with this character, developing a bond and closeness that make these life changing circumstances intense moments of drama. However, the film is not simply emotionally engaging, as I have eluded to earlier, but also a well crafted tale that drips with natural dialogue juxtaposed with striking visual symbols. The film could have benefited from a slightly longer running time, if only to flesh out the Aunt's character a bit more as she is given a complexity later on that is not completely earned, but otherwise this film is a pretty terrific watch.

A- or 4.1289327183421647812964129

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23396 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:25 PM »
Yes, the film really does deserve a full blog post but I think you hit the high points. Glad you liked it and I hope our combined endorsement convinces others to watch it.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #23397 on: December 01, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
Star Trek
Dir.  J.J. Abrams

I really enjoyed this back in the spring when I saw it.  I had a great viewing in an awesome little theater in Norfolk, England but it was quickly swallowed up by my responsibilities with work.  My housemates and I watched it Sunday night, my second viewing.  Its has just made the majors for me.  SO good.  Welcome to the top ten.

Grade A

Awesome. Gotta love 'em lens flares.

I pointed this out to a friend recently who didn't notice them. It blew his mind when we started to watch it how many there really are. I still really enjoyed the movie too though.

Though???  That's one of the coolest things about it!

My boyfriend and I rewatched it this weekend, and he couldn't stand the lens flares, he found it utterly distracting. Me, I didn't mind.

I don't even know what they are, so I didn't notice them...

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23398 on: December 01, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
I think the lens flares are much more annoying on the television than in the theater.

My reasoning is the movies is projected onto a scree in the theater whereas it's shined into your face when you watch it from a TV screen.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #23399 on: December 01, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
Yes, the film really does deserve a full blog post but I think you hit the high points. Glad you liked it and I hope our combined endorsement convinces others to watch it.

We shall see, we shall see.

love