Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998313 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #30970 on: May 07, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

Tagline: He's a bad lieutenant and he calls New Orleans home.

I think I need to break out a new rating system where I rate something on a scale of one to five iPhones where five means I used my iPhone a lot and one meaning I used it very little. A high rating on this scale is bad news because it means the movie was not interesting. Bad Lieutenant would score at least a four iPhone rating. I checked my blogs, played some solitaire and read a couple e-mails before ultimately shutting the film off with an hour left.

I agree. I love Herzog, but people are clearly giving this obviously terrible film a pass because his name is attached. "It's suppose to be bad". Barf.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #30971 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:03 PM »
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

Tagline: He's a bad lieutenant and he calls New Orleans home.

I think I need to break out a new rating system where I rate something on a scale of one to five iPhones where five means I used my iPhone a lot and one meaning I used it very little. A high rating on this scale is bad news because it means the movie was not interesting. Bad Lieutenant would score at least a four iPhone rating. I checked my blogs, played some solitaire and read a couple e-mails before ultimately shutting the film off with an hour left.

I agree. I love Herzog, but people are clearly giving this obviously terrible film a pass because his name is attached. "It's suppose to be bad". Barf.

No, people are obviously not doing that at all, and the movie isn't bad, at all.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #30972 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »
Scarlett Johanson is the female Keanu Reeves.
Interesting. She's great, but I don't know if Johanson is that good.

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #30973 on: May 07, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
I think I need to break out a new rating system where I rate something on a scale of one to five iPhones where five means I used my iPhone a lot and one meaning I used it very little.

I'm very tempted to start using a Glengarry Glen Ross rating system. Cadillac, steak knives, or bust.

Shame to hear BL:POCNO wasn't very interesting for you. I'm still planning to check it out since it's Mr Herzog.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #30974 on: May 07, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »

I have no idea what you mean Sam.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #30975 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

I have no idea what you mean Sam.
"Whoa!"

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #30976 on: May 07, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

This is among the worst arguments I've ever heard, you should really stop using it.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #30977 on: May 07, 2010, 03:13:01 PM »

This is among the worst arguments I've ever heard, you should really stop using it.

also you should really see My Son My Son, What Have Ye Done before using that kind of arguement - there were dozens of walk-outs in that one!

(its also so much funnier than POCNO)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #30978 on: May 07, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »

It's true imo.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #30979 on: May 07, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »

"Safe sucked.  It was so boring."
"It was supposed to be boring.  That's the whole point."
"Was it supposed to suck, too?  Because it totally sucked."
"How can you say it sucked when it totally did what it set out to do?"
"To bore the shit out of me?"
"Exactly!"
"Give me back my Twizzlers."

pixote
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

love