Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 3858876 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #31460 on: May 20, 2010, 11:26:23 PM »
He should have stopped at the point the other hosts started getting annoyed...but I forgive him (even though if you remember I'm the guy who hated Brick)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #31461 on: May 20, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »
He should have stopped at the point the other hosts started getting annoyed...but I forgive him (even though if you remember I'm the guy who hated Brick)

They got annoyed? Really? I don't think they ever got too annoyed, and he really only did it to Dave Chen. The running joke is that he antagonizes Dave. It's hilarious.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31462 on: May 20, 2010, 11:30:08 PM »

Yeah, he needed to pick his spots better. During the Robin Hood trailer was brill though.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31463 on: May 20, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »

They got annoyed? Really? I don't think they ever got too annoyed, and he really only did it to Dave Chen. The running joke is that he antagonizes Dave. It's hilarious.

I do love the fact he goes on that show and he's so personal with everyone.  It really is super cool.  So I hate to nitpick..
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #31464 on: May 20, 2010, 11:37:34 PM »

Yeah, he needed to pick his spots better. During the Robin Hood trailer was brill though.
Yea, I couldn't stop laughing. Someone seriously needs to take that audio clip and dub it over the Robin Hood trailer.
"It's all research." -roujin

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31465 on: May 20, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »

Yea, I couldn't stop laughing. Someone seriously needs to take that audio clip and dub it over the Robin Hood trailer.

:D  Great idea
(switchboard)

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #31466 on: May 21, 2010, 12:35:14 AM »
Yeah, watching OLD Ridley Scott makes me wonder what the hell happened TO Ridley Scott. Curious, which version of Blade Runner did you watch?
I watched The Final Cut. I think I'd seen the Director's Cut before, never heard any version with the voice-over but I hear they're pretty bad.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #31467 on: May 21, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »

Burn After Reading 6.5/10

My memory may be off but I seem to remember this getting shit on quite a bit on the forum when it was released. Most of the characters are stupidly annoying, but they never quite crossed the too-much line for me (Clooney has a few moments that were way too over the top) and I laughed a lot. This film is filled with some awesome facial expressions, especially from Malkovich and Pitt.

I thought Pitt was actually pretty good, reminded me of his over the top turn in True Romance. Definitely could've used more JK Simmons and Richard Jenkins, but that's always the case. I can't say I was really invested in any of the characters and their fates, but for whatever reason it wasn't a big issue for me. I absolutely see why people would hate this film but overall I enjoyed it (not enough that I'd care to mount a serious defense against its many detractors), even though I think it's towards the bottom of the Coen's cannon. I'm not in any hurry to revisit it, even though multiple viewings always improve my opinion of their work.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #31468 on: May 21, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »
Yeah. I hated that movie. I was bored and I hated all the characters and I didn't laugh at anything except the schwinn bit and then at the end the Coens slapped me in the face and told me the whole thing was a waste of time, as though that was some sort of joke. Maybe the joke would have worked if the rest of the jokes in the film did.

Thankfully they completely redeemed themselves with A Serious Man.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #31469 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:08 AM »
Brad Pitt is the best thing.
Check out my blog of many topics