love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998195 times)

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #31480 on: May 21, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »
Yeah, it takes a while.
Jake thinks one of his brothers is the bad guy for a while
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #31481 on: May 21, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »
Ah, just like in the new game...

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31482 on: May 21, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
I would say the writing is pretty lousy compared to the best of the games, Gyllenhaal and Molina kinda make it work though.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #31483 on: May 21, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »
I would say the writing is pretty lousy compared to the best of the games, Gyllenhaal and Molina kinda make it work though.

heh, though Molina is th only watchable thing after the initial city raid.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #31484 on: May 21, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
Kick-Ass

Finally got around to seeing this and found it quite entertaining with some minor pacing issues.  Loved Cage and Moretz, though she's not exactly the revelation some reviews make her out to be, just very good as the character.  Some of the action scenes are very well done and entertaining, particularly Big Daddy on his rampage through the warehouse and Hit Girl's assault on Frank's penthouse.  Basically, I just had an enjoyable time.

B

Fugee

• Elite Member
« Reply #31485 on: May 21, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »
Ah, just like in the new game...

The first and third will forever be my favorites.

dedpool1979

• Proud Member of Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
    • Logan's Movie Blog
« Reply #31486 on: May 21, 2010, 07:23:09 PM »
I haven't seen The Man Who Wasn't There, and I do think A Serious Man is a great film, but for me it's easily O Brother!, then Burn,  and finally A Serious Man. A Serious Man is probably my fifth favorite Coen film, though Fink is close as well, but I still need to see Blood Simple and Miller's Crossing.

Yes, because Blood Simple is really good and Miller's Crossing is freaking AMAZING. But,yeah, O Brother is probably my favorite film they've done as well, not just of this decade.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31487 on: May 21, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
Hey, I really needed another sequel to Unforgiven!
Gran Torino

You kids get off of my lawn!

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #31488 on: May 21, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »
Four Lions

Brilliant. In particular, a brilliant script. Riz Ahmed gives a great performance as Omar, the central, most fully realised character, with the rest of the characters really serving purpose as comic foil to bounce jokes off - there's the dense one, the naive one, the angry one - along with other periphery characters which exist to contrast with the fanatics, but there is an emotional weight to the relationships, particularly between Omar and his wife and son, and Omar his friend in fanaticism Waj. These relationships give the film its emotional depth. You genuinely sympathise with the protaganists even knowing what they are planning.

One or two of comic skits dont quite work, but im nitpicking. This is a quality comedy film, something that has been in short supply over the last few years IMO.

F*ck mini Babybell!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:46:30 PM by IDrinkYourMilkshake »
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #31489 on: May 21, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

The muddled notions of time travel ensure an analytic like myself will never enjoy the film, but the lack of compelling characters and conflicts are more serious failings.