love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5997083 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #31710 on: May 29, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »
Up In The Air (Jason Reitman, 2009)

When I saw the trailer I didn't really understand how this could be in the running for the best picture Oscar, but now that I've seen it it makes a little more sense. Great performances, writing that should resonate with a lot of people, and the fact they had to find 10 movies worth nominating ;)

I enjoyed the easy watchibility of it, and that it had a substantial message. The laughs and sharp dialogue keep things moving right along. Really, I can't fault this movie for anything. It just comes down to how much I enjoyed the story... and I enjoyed it a lot.

This Reitman guy is good. Between Thank You For Smoking, Juno, and this... he's kicking some ass.

IMDB link

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31711 on: May 29, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »

This Reitman guy is good. Between Thank You For Smoking, Juno, and this... he's kicking some ass.[/td][/tr][/table]

Even though I didnt like Up in the Air, I totally agree. Reitman is really someone to keep an eye on and has made three very different and interesting films.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31712 on: May 29, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »

This Reitman guy is good. Between Thank You For Smoking, Juno, and this... he's kicking some ass.[/td][/tr][/table]

Even though I didnt like Up in the Air, I totally agree. Reitman is really someone to keep an eye on and has made three very different and interesting films.

Definitely. I really need to see Thank You for Smoking.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31713 on: May 29, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »

It's well worth seeing.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31714 on: May 29, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »

It's well worth seeing.

chucked to the top of the queue.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #31715 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »

When I saw the trailer I didn't really understand how this could be in the running for the best picture Oscar, but now that I've seen it it makes a little more sense. Great performances, writing that should resonate with a lot of people, and the fact they had to find 10 movies worth nominating ;)

I enjoyed the easy watchibility of it, and that it had a substantial message. The laughs and sharp dialogue keep things moving right along. Really, I can't fault this movie for anything. It just comes down to how much I enjoyed the story... and I enjoyed it a lot.
This is great to read, smirnoff. You should go to this Spoiler Thread as well.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #31716 on: May 29, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »

This is great to read, smirnoff. You should go to this Spoiler Thread as well.
FLY would you be offended if I called your endorsement the kiss of death? :D

I kid. :)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #31717 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
Zach and I watch a lot of movies. He's supposed to be picking the next one.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #31718 on: May 29, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
P.S. I feel like this movie inspired Billy Joel's Uptown Girl in some way.

My #18 of all-time!

And I'm going to take that as an insult, because I hate Billy Joel.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #31719 on: May 29, 2010, 08:54:05 PM »
I hate Billy Joel.

you need to get over that.

love