love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998212 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #31740 on: May 30, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
Michael Clayton (2007, Tony Gilroy) Grade A

This film only got 14 total votes across 11 best of the decade categories but it contains Tom Wilkenson's, Tilda Swinton's and George Clooney's best performances of the Aughts.    The film itself is pretty good too.

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #31741 on: May 30, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
Zombieland (2009, Ruben Fleischer)  
I must admit, this didn't completely suck.

High praise indeed.  :D But you got this wrong, Zombieland is totally better than The Godfather.

http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/88625
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31742 on: May 30, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »
3 1/2 Samarai (1956, Akira Kurosawa)

On an 11 day road trip and just realized I didn't bring disk two.  DOH

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31743 on: May 30, 2010, 04:11:11 PM »

High praise indeed.  :D But you got this wrong, Zombieland is totally better than The Godfather.

LOL - I've tried on three separate occasions to get through an episode of family guy....
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #31744 on: May 30, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »
I've tried on three separate occasions to get through an episode of family guy....

LOL

It does tend to insist upon itself.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #31745 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »

LOL - I've tried on three separate occasions to get through an episode of family guy....

What I find funniest about that clip is that most people view it as making fun of Peter, when in actuality it's mocking the groupthink of the film community as well. I mean, it's not like Peter makes a deep argument or anything, but he makes a valid one and the rest jump on him like rabid wolves, not offering any actual counter argument, instead just telling him that he's wrong and an idiot for thinking the way he does.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #31746 on: May 30, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »

What I find funniest about that clip is that most people view it as making fun of Peter, when in actuality it's mocking the groupthink of the film community as well. I mean, it's not like Peter makes a deep argument or anything, but he makes a valid one and the rest jump on him like rabid wolves, not offering any actual counter argument, instead just telling him that he's wrong and an idiot for thinking the way he does.

Really? People make fun of Peter for his opinion? Maybe I'm just blind to that because I kind agree with him.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #31747 on: May 30, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
This film only got 14 total votes across 11 best of the decade categories

Sounds about right.

but it contains Tom Wilkenson's, Tilda Swinton's and George Clooney's best performances of the Aughts.    The film itself is pretty good too.

:-\  :-\  :-\

Have you seen Burn After Reading?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31748 on: May 30, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »

High praise indeed.  :D But you got this wrong, Zombieland is totally better than The Godfather.

Really? People make fun of Peter for his opinion? Maybe I'm just blind to that because I kind agree with him.

This Most People guy sounds like an idiot.  
(switchboard)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #31749 on: May 30, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »
Great clip!

For what it is worth, I do like The Godfather...Part III. I mean, him trying to go straight but not being able to break out of the cycle of violence, that is gripping. A bunch of bad people killing each other, not interesting. I find the whole series ok, but I think the fact I watched it after The Sopranos started (and after I saw the spoof Mafia) made the whole thing seem overdone. Or maybe The Sopranos (which I never cared about and maybe only saw two episodes) has nothing to do with it and I just don't really get into gang/mafia films.