Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996042 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #31750 on: May 30, 2010, 04:22:02 PM »
Great clip!

For what it is worth, I do like The Godfather...Part III. I mean, him trying to go straight but not being able to break out of the cycle of violence, that is gripping. A bunch of bad people killing each other, not interesting. I find the whole series ok, but I think the fact I watched it after The Sopranos started (and after I saw the spoof Mafia) made the whole thing seem overdone. Or maybe The Sopranos (which I never cared about and maybe only saw two episodes) has nothing to do with it and I just don't really get into gang/mafia films.

The Sopranos, as I understand it, was also heavily inspired by Goodfellas, which I think is a better film than The Godfather.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #31751 on: May 30, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
Really? People make fun of Peter for his opinion? Maybe I'm just blind to that because I kind agree with him.

Oh yeah, there were even people at my school wearing shirts that said something along the lines of, "Peter, you're an idiot, The Godfather is great" for a while.

This Most People guy sounds like an idiot.  

Pretty much, but a lot of people think that way, even the Battleship Pretension guys cited this scene in one of their podcasts way back when as an example The Godfather being viewed as a universally great film in pop culture, ie they mock Peter for his different opinion.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #31752 on: May 30, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »
Michael Clayton (2007, Tony Gilroy) Grade A

This film only got 14 total votes across 11 best of the decade categories but it contains Tom Wilkenson's, Tilda Swinton's and George Clooney's best performances of the Aughts.    The film itself is pretty good too.

every single one of these statements is incorrect.  (esp Wilkenson who is just awful here.)

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #31753 on: May 30, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
heh, Bill, I have no idea what yr talking about - the clip is making fun of peter because he cannot provide any sort of reason for not liking it -he's never finished the film, he doesn't understand the film and he thinks "it insist upon itself" which is genious because it doesn;t actually mean anything.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #31754 on: May 30, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »
The clip actually is lame, and not worthy of any kind of analysis.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #31755 on: May 30, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »
heh, Bill, I have no idea what yr talking about - the clip is making fun of peter because he cannot provide any sort of reason for not liking it -he's never finished the film, he doesn't understand the film and he thinks "it insist upon itself" which is genious because it doesn;t actually mean anything.

Nahhhh. He never finished it because he was bored by it. And when he says "it insists upon itself" it may not make sense, but I completely understand what he means.

I love The Money Pit.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #31756 on: May 30, 2010, 04:33:32 PM »

Much like the entirety of the Family Guy series. Poor Orel...

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #31757 on: May 30, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »

This film only got 14 total votes across 11 best of the decade categories but it contains Tom Wilkenson's, Tilda Swinton's and George Clooney's best performances of the Aughts.    The film itself is pretty good too.

every single one of these statements is incorrect.  (esp Wilkenson who is just awful here.)

I am bored to tears by this move. I have tried to watch it three times and have been unable to follow it and proceeded to fall asleep everytime
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #31758 on: May 30, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »

This film only got 14 total votes across 11 best of the decade categories but it contains Tom Wilkenson's, Tilda Swinton's and George Clooney's best performances of the Aughts.    The film itself is pretty good too.

every single one of these statements is incorrect.  (esp Wilkenson who is just awful here.)

I am bored to tears by this move. I have tried to watch it three times and have been unable to follow it and proceeded to fall asleep everytime

All this hate has inspired me to watch it over again from the beginning.  :)

(hate's not the right word, but you know what I mean)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #31759 on: May 30, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »

lol. But does it insist upon itself?

love