Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 4466514 times)

chardy999

• Elite Member
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #32120 on: June 07, 2010, 07:46:07 AM »
Me and You and Everyone We Know - Miranda July, 2005

That was appalling. Truly terrible. I haven't seen The Box but I can't imagine it's worse than this tripe.

2/10.

P.S. In fairness should be 1/10 but I haven't watched a real stinker all year so being conservative.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32121 on: June 07, 2010, 08:49:13 AM »

That was appalling. Truly terrible. I haven't seen The Box but I can't imagine it's worse than this tripe.

2/10.

P.S. In fairness should be 1/10 but I haven't watched a real stinker all year so being conservative.

Boo, that movie is great.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #32122 on: June 07, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »

2/10.

Boo, that movie is great.

I can see how you could hate it, but I like it a lot.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #32123 on: June 07, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
))<--->((

Pratters

• Indian Cinephile who loves World Cinema
    • My Blog
« Reply #32124 on: June 07, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »
Easy argument to end...

The Family Guy is the dumbest show to ever air on TV. It thinks one thing is funny, making stupid pop culture references. It is actually pretty bad at even that, it's sole purpose.

The Family Guy is mediocre, but it's no The West Wing when it comes to bad TV.  :)

Movies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>99.99% of TV Series, that .01% has Seinfeld in it.

Or LOST for that matter.

Wow, seriously?

True Blood, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Fringe, LOST, Modern Family, Glee, Doctor Who, Treme, The Pacific, United States of Tara, Chuck, Damages, Friday Night Lights, Party Down, The Tudors, How I Met Your Mother, House, Justified, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sons of Anarchy, Parks and Recreation, Community, 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Eastbound & Down, In Treatment, Dexter, Bored to Death, The Venture Bros.?

Television is so much stronger than the movie industry right now I'd be willing to call this television's second golden age.

A quality movie going experience is highly superior to a TV show experience for me. I am not debating which is stronger right now, just what I prefer.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:13:52 AM by Pratters »

Pratters

• Indian Cinephile who loves World Cinema
    • My Blog
« Reply #32125 on: June 07, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
12 Angry Men (Sidney Lumet, 1957)

This was my second viewing, loved it even more than the first. It's such a great character drama, full of great performances and a story that manages to be really compelling all the way through despite the sparse framework it has to work within. There's a lot of ideas and questions raised about stuff involving the justice system and human nature that I really enjoy, and resulted in a great discussion afterward with the friend I showed this to. This will definitely be making my next top 100.

There is a bollywood remake of The 12 Angry Men called Ek Ruka Hua Faisla which is worth watching. Love 12 Angry Men a lot myself.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #32126 on: June 07, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »
))<--->((

I can see a lot of people having serious problems with that storyline.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #32127 on: June 07, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »
))<--->((
I can see a lot of people having serious problems with that storyline.
That was the best part.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #32128 on: June 07, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »
The Big Sleep
1946 Dir. Howard Hawks

Where has this movie been all my life?  It was absolute perfection.  Quintessential Bogart & Bacall, gorgeous clothes, gorgeous sets, gorgeous dialogue.  Made me want to take up drinking straight liquor and smoking cigarettes, this movie makes those things look so good.

As soon as I finished it, I wanted to start it again.  Love, love love.  The kind of movie to show people who think all black and white movies are old, boring and worthless.

(Interesting factoid: screenplay was written by William Faulkner, Leigh Brackett (largely forgotten now, but a quite popular female SF writer in the 1940s and 1950s) and Jules Furthman (on him, I got nothin'))

Grade: A+

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #32129 on: June 07, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »