love

Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998464 times)

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #32340 on: June 11, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »
Yeaaaa...I dunno about that. I think they might have sexual issues if they base their knowledge on this film.

A little incestuous, adulterous, bisexual, transgendered, zoophiliac, masturbatory, rape never hurt anyone.

Keep your morals off my body Bondo.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32341 on: June 11, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
Splice

Wow.  This was terrible.  Bad acting from two people I really love, worse writing.  Terrible FX/CGI, no tension and a completely boring film.  People actually liked this?

Grade F

Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #32342 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:40 PM »
Splice

Wow.  This was terrible.  Bad acting from two people I really love, worse writing.  Terrible FX/CGI, no tension and a completely boring film.  People actually liked this?

Grade F

Nah, we were just pulling your leg.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32343 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »
Splice

Grade F

Nah, we were just pulling your leg.

Few...  For a second there I thought the world had gone mad.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

Cyrbrough

« Reply #32344 on: June 11, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »
5 cm per Second - (2007)

This animated film is in three parts charting a series of three relationships that this boy has as he grows up from the 90's to the present day. All involve a lot of love and sentimentality and all I could think was that it was nice to look at but otherwise quite dull. Thats all I really have to say. Also, whilst watching I captured these two screen shots which probably indicate how much I was involved in the story of the film:

Windows VASTA

Mc Dondg'e

Grade: 7.5/10
"Cristiano Ronaldo: The Movie" staring Gael Garcia Bernal. I'd pay to see it.

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #32345 on: June 11, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »
Just got back from The A-Team. This, I have to say surprisingly, was a very fun movie. I went in with very, very low expectations and came out of it pleasantly surprised. Sharlto Copley steals the film as Murdock. Just about every line he says made me laugh. I like the fact that the film still had the camp element from the original show and did not try to make it too serious. The action sequences are a little overdone and "Rampage" Jackson can not act (or fill the legendary shoes of Mr. T), but those are really my only two problems with the film. It is fun, and if you go in expecting that, I think you'll get it. The crowd I saw it with was also having a blast and laughing along with it. Solid see from me.

B+ or 4/5, depending on your rating system.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #32346 on: June 11, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
Mary and Max

This is beautiful, and pretty dark.... actually, kind of overwhelmingly dark in the third act.

Splice

Grade F

5 cm per Second - (2007)

All involve a lot of love and sentimentality and all I could think was that it was nice to look at but otherwise quite dull. Thats all I really have to say.

Dear God,

Help THATguy find courage,
Cybrough a heart,
and CSSCHNEIDER good taste...
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32347 on: June 11, 2010, 07:44:38 PM »
z, we're off to see the wizard.

Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story

I suppose someone on the right might consider this a very biased film, but I think it functions at a much higher level than some of the Karl Rove docs that came out in the past decade. The film has a very respectable commentariat from both left and right of those whose paths crossed Atwater. It is not shrill but simply comments in a straightforward way the way in which Atwater's cutthroat approach to politics would set the standard. He certainly didn't invent the Southern strategy of subtly using racial tension to boost Republican prospects (which worked great for 40 years but is likely to be a major disadvantage over the next 40) but he use it. He was someone who saw how useless the mainstream media was and knew you could create your own truths and control the message by making baseless accusations (which we'd later see in the form of "Swift Boating.") He is in many ways key to the downfall of the Republican Party. In some ways I'd say the film is more damning of the media than Atwater. It makes me happy that the new media seems to have at least slightly blunted the effectiveness of Atwater-style strategies since 2004, though I cannot be sure about that interpretation. Ultimately, campaigns don't matter a lot, non-political aspects determine political results so this film does kind of exist in a world that mistakenly overstates the impact of things like tactics.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32348 on: June 11, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
Splice

Grade F
What film did you see? This was fantastic horror with a lot of compelling moral and social quandaries. Do you usually go for horror flicks to begin with?

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32349 on: June 11, 2010, 07:55:45 PM »
Splice

Grade F
What film did you see? This was fantastic horror with a lot of compelling moral and social quandaries. Do you usually go for horror flicks to begin with?

overall it was better than an F for sure but the final 30 minutes were pure F.

love