Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996165 times)

Jared

• Elite Member
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #32880 on: June 21, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »
lee van cleef doesnt whine like a complete asshole everytime he takes a shot

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #32881 on: June 21, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »

For the first 30 minutes i was thinking, "cute but not what i was expecting after the first 2."

after that it picks up and is very entertaining with a tear jerker final scene.

the short before it was very creative.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the short. I leaned over to boyfriend and said "That is maybe the single most creative thing I've ever seen." Honestly, I liked the short more than the movie  :P

I've heard it said about every Pixar movie, that the short was better than the feature. In my opinion it's an unfair comparison.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32882 on: June 21, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »
Probably better than almost anything I've seen in my IMDB marathon. Take that popular vote!
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Inception has a lot to live up to.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32883 on: June 21, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »
Alice in Wonderland
Dir Tim Burton

Tim Burton disappoints again.  He hasn't made a film I've liked since Sleepy Hollow, I'm pretty much done.

Grade D+
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
« Reply #32884 on: June 21, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL?

The problem that I've had with the ESPN documentaries is that they're given under an hour of total runtime to tell these major stories and because of this, there's no true drama, there's no true narrative.. it barely has time to go over all of the facts.  There are some things interesting here, but it ultimately probably could've used another 30 minutes.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #32885 on: June 21, 2010, 02:03:09 PM »

The problem that I've had with the ESPN documentaries is that they're given under an hour of total runtime to tell these major stories and because of this, there's no true drama, there's no true narrative.. it barely has time to go over all of the facts.  There are some things interesting here, but it ultimately probably could've used another 30 minutes.

I like NFL documentaries for what they are, but they aren't documentaries.  Wouldn't you just love Herzog to examine the '93 cowboys?!!! :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #32886 on: June 21, 2010, 02:07:20 PM »

I like NFL documentaries for what they are, but they aren't documentaries.  Wouldn't you just love Herzog to examine the '93 cowboys?!!! :)

nope...
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #32887 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »

Some of them have actually been over an hour and are generally the better ones (although the one about Miami was 2 hrs. and was just ok). I'm looking forward to the 1994 one from last week, heard nothing but good things.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #32888 on: June 21, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »
Toy Story 3

So this is what happens when you turn your back on your toys?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #32889 on: June 21, 2010, 03:07:49 PM »
I thought the Miami one was the only stinker of the bunch. Most of them were about an interesting topic, but The U just ran like one of those "your team just won the championship DVDs" that Sports Illustrated gives out for subscribing to their magazine.

The Iverson and Reggie Miller episodes run like 95 minutes if I remember correctly.