Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5997152 times)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #32940 on: June 22, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
Prediction: both movies will grown on you. I can almost guarantee it. :)

Glad you liked them already, though!

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #32941 on: June 22, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »
12 Rounds.

Cena is not good. He just stares when he is supposed to be emotional, and he can't even do the action movie lines. And the Irish guy doesn't sound at all Irish. It seems like they went back and redid all of his lines with only a slight hint of an accent. None of the action is even good. Oh, Renny, how far you have fallen.

D.

P.S. I'm also quite sure that police officers don't hold their belts suspiciously like a wrestling champion belt thingie...
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #32942 on: June 22, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
Agree, that movie sucked.

@BlueVoid - yay! :)

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #32943 on: June 22, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
Anyone else watch The Two Escobars on ESPN? I think tonight was the premiere. I definitely enjoyed it - very interesting story of Colombia. The quantity of archival footage was astounding (assuming that none of it was faked).

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #32944 on: June 22, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #32945 on: June 22, 2010, 10:20:12 PM »
Anyone else watch The Two Escobars on ESPN? I think tonight was the premiere. I definitely enjoyed it - very interesting story of Colombia. The quantity of archival footage was astounding (assuming that none of it was faked).

Forgot about it, would like to do a huge 30 for 30 blowout at some point, but that's a huge commitment. Anyway...

Summer Wars

Oh. My. God.  :o

flieger

« Reply #32946 on: June 22, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
80s Bracket

The Fox and the Hound vs Platoon

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #32947 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
oh, went and saw Knight & Day...

...it actually was not 100% awful.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #32948 on: June 22, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
Prediction: both movies will grown on you. I can almost guarantee it. :)
Spirited Away will for sure. Another viewing and I'm sure it will crack my top 100.

12 Rounds.

Cena is not good. He just stares when he is supposed to be emotional, and he can't even do the action movie lines. And the Irish guy doesn't sound at all Irish. It seems like they went back and redid all of his lines with only a slight hint of an accent. None of the action is even good. Oh, Renny, how far you have fallen.
Yep, he sucks in this movie. Although just about everything sucks in this movie so he fits in perfectly.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #32949 on: June 22, 2010, 11:46:37 PM »

The Case Of The Grinning Cat 7.5/10

My first Chris Marker film, though I'll certainly get to La Jetee very soon. Despite it's slight run time (55 min.), Marker manages to cram a whole lot of ideas into his documentary (more of a collage/essay, which is his style?). Initially focusing on the drawings of grinning yellow cats that popped up around Paris after 9/11, the film shifts its focus to the political atmosphere of France. I loved the freewheeling style of it all; Marker bounces around, but is always in control, and is always quick with a sly line (especially when pointing out the foolishness of some protesters). One of my favorite bits is when Marker inserts the cat into artwork from various eras.

The cats give way to the Chirac vs. Le Pen election, the Iraq War and anti-Bush sentiment, protests/demonstrations of all stripes (the war, AIDS, Islam, immigration, etc.), and even the World Cup. There was one stylistic touch that seemed fairly pointless - taking a still frame with some audio and shifting it so that the frame is in a different position. Every time this technique is used a Morpheye title card appears on screen and it just got annoying.