Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5996075 times)

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
Re: Write about the last movie you watched
« Reply #39190 on: December 15, 2010, 05:10:21 PM »
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #39191 on: December 15, 2010, 05:32:37 PM »
Monsters[/center]

Exit Through the Gift Shop has met it's match.

Wow, gonna go watch it now.  The sour/lukewarm reviews on IMDB made me hesitant, but I must remember hat 99% of people don't know what they are talking about.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #39192 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
Monsters[/center]

Exit Through the Gift Shop has met it's match.

Wow, gonna go watch it now.  The sour/lukewarm reviews on IMDB made me hesitant, but I must remember hat 99% of people don't know what they are talking about.

Part of it is you need to know what you're going to see. Most people saw the connections to cloverfield and the title Monsters thought "oh, ok, another big monster movie!" and then got a slow meditative piece on the travel through the jungle, where we are simple watching the people affected by the Monsters and barely see the Monsters themselves (though there was more of them then I expected, especially towards the end). I thought more of Deliverance, and th3e way it's been stereotyped as a "Hard ot watch film" when it's more a hard to watch scene and the rest is watching the impact of said event, Monsters is about the impact, not the big monsters. Which makes mainstream audiences confused.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39193 on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
I liked Monsters, but not as much as you.  Glad to see it finding some fans here on the boards.  I know its not the most popular thing out there.  I really want to see it again before i make my final list of the year.  Also, much love for Scoot.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #39194 on: December 15, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
I actually liked the trailer enough I'm considering buying it blind. Not that the trailers THAT good, but it looks like a movie I'd like.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #39195 on: December 15, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
I enjoyed it a lot. My friend loved it. It's pretty impressive. It's still the technical that astounds me. The crew and budget were tiny, and the visual effects on prosumer quality goods (off the shelf, as such) by one guy. Amazing.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #39196 on: December 15, 2010, 06:42:05 PM »
I enjoyed it a lot. My friend loved it. It's pretty impressive. It's still the technical that astounds me. The crew and budget were tiny, and the visual effects on prosumer quality goods (off the shelf, as such) by one guy. Amazing.

Comparable to, say, District 9?

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #39197 on: December 15, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »

Comparable to, say, District 9?

With a much smaller budget.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #39198 on: December 15, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
How to Train Your Dragon

Lasted 15 minutes through this, didn't even get to the part where he meets the dragon.  The voice acting and the dialogue was SO annoying.  Characters speak in this B actor doing a cartoon sort of voice and the script is so cliche that one minute in I knew every thing that would happen in this movie.  But my God that protagonist - sounds like a sixteen year old doing an impression of Woody Allen.  Absolutely unwatchable.

1/10

LOL it's the only animated film I liked this year. :D

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #39199 on: December 15, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »
a slow meditative piece on the travel through the jungle, where we are simple watching the people affected by the Monsters and barely see the Monsters themselves

That sounds like exactly my kind of movie. I'm getting psyched!

love