Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 3763838 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
Re: Rate the last movie you watched
« Reply #3030 on: December 20, 2007, 09:44:41 AM »
Days of Heaven
5/5 Stars

love this film. Second time I saw it and I love it even more. Great locations and cinematography. Love how it conveys a lot of the story with images. Love the narration by Linda as it sets the tone for the film. This may be my favorite Malick Film.

J5er

• Elite Member
  • "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away"
« Reply #3031 on: December 20, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
The Lady Eve
This movie, and other screwball comedies of the era make me wish I lived in the 1940's.  This movie is so charming and funny, it puts to shame most modern comedies.  Barbara Stanwyck is so perfect here, I could just watchher talk and be completly amused.  Henry Fonda is fine, but I just saw him as something for Stanwyck to play off of, she's the real star here.  This movie just gave me a really good feeling, and a genuinely fun experience.  After its over, one feels a sense of depression that you must leave this charming world and enter back into one's own. 

*****/*****
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

My Box Office Podcast: www.theboxofficers.blogspot.com

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #3032 on: December 20, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
The Lady Eve
This movie, and other screwball comedies of the era make me wish I lived in the 1940's.  This movie is so charming and funny, it puts to shame most modern comedies.  Barbara Stanwyck is so perfect here, I could just watchher talk and be completly amused.  Henry Fonda is fine, but I just saw him as something for Stanwyck to play off of, she's the real star here.  This movie just gave me a really good feeling, and a genuinely fun experience.  After its over, one feels a sense of depression that you must leave this charming world and enter back into one's own. 

*****/*****

I really like this movie.  I think Stanwyck is great, and it is nice to see Henry Fonda act goofy for once.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 20, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »
La Vie En Rose by Oliver Dahan ****1/2/*****

It's a wonderful film.  A bit flawed in what is expected in musical bio-pics but Marion Cotillard's performance is worth watching. 
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

J5er

• Elite Member
« Reply #3034 on: December 20, 2007, 05:21:43 PM »
SiCKO
I just love Michael Moore films, there is just something about them that is charming and semi-ridiculous at the same time.  I'm going to make a confession, with all three Moore films I've now seen (Fahrenheit 9/11, Bowling For Columbine, SiCKO), I've pretty much cried in all three of them.  He captures the suffering of ordinary people so well, and what makes it enraging is that their suffering could be alieviated.  This film was very insightful, for me, and I really only knew the "Socialized medicine is a step towards communism!" side, and that is ridiculous. 
****/*****
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #3035 on: December 20, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »
SiCKO
I just love Michael Moore films, there is just something about them that is charming and semi-ridiculous at the same time.  I'm going to make a confession, with all three Moore films I've now seen (Fahrenheit 9/11, Bowling For Columbine, SiCKO), I've pretty much cried in all three of them.  He captures the suffering of ordinary people so well, and what makes it enraging is that their suffering could be alieviated.  This film was very insightful, for me, and I really only knew the "Socialized medicine is a step towards communism!" side, and that is ridiculous. 
****/*****

You should watch Roger and Me. I think you would really like it.
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

J5er

• Elite Member
« Reply #3036 on: December 20, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
Yeah, as soon as school starts back up its the first thing I'm going to grab from their library.  My favorite part of Micheal Moore movies is seeing my conservative friends' faces when I tell them I watched them.  ;D

ryanwtyler

« Reply #3037 on: December 20, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »
between your legs with javier bardem

it was ok.

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #3038 on: December 20, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »
The Killing

Stanley Kubrick does noir. It's a great heist movie (with the actual heist being brilliant), and Sterling Hayden is great.  I'm just not sure if I love the ending, or hate it, and the overuse of the narrator is another small problem I had with it but really it was fantastic.

Oh and if Timothy Carey is totally John Tarturro, he's clearly immortal and changes screen names to throw us off the scent but I'm onto him.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #3039 on: December 20, 2007, 11:44:22 PM »
I think you mean I am still wrong, I can't believe you ever thought I was right  :) 

i'm sure i've agreed with something you've said before.

you like cheese right?

Cheese :)   Okay, wrong again :)

I guess I'm never right either. 

Maybe that's something we have in common.