Author Topic: Write about the last movie you watched (2006-2010)  (Read 5998028 times)

nougatmachine

Re: Rate the last movie you watched
« Reply #3800 on: February 11, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »
I could watch that bear punching clip over and over again.

In fact, I think I will. Congratulations, you just killed any hope of me being productive today.  ;D

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #3801 on: February 11, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
Today will either be Lily Chou-Chou or a return to Filmspot films with Rescue Dawn, Eastern Promises, The King of Kong, or — more than likely — Persepolis.
What other Filmspot nominees do you have yet to watch?

The ones mentioned above (minus Persepolis), plus Waitress, Hot Fuzz, Talk to Me, This Is England, 3:10 to Yuma, The King of Kong, and Gone Baby Gone.

But it looks like it might be a busy week, so there's a chance none of that will happen.  :-\

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #3802 on: February 11, 2008, 11:39:09 AM »
No End in Sight - fine, but seems like it could have used some graphic organizers, and/or maybe a different editing of segments.  Good info, but plods along rather tediously - it is no SiCKO!

I actually agree.
I agree with everything except the bit about SiCKO, which I haven't seen.

You should see SiCKO before voting :)
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #3803 on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
I didn't think I could want to see The Wicker Man any less than I already did...I was wrong.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #3804 on: February 11, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
Boy, howdy, does that look bad.

ryanwtyler

« Reply #3805 on: February 11, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »
the proposition
b

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3806 on: February 11, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1958)

This was actually the first Hitchcock film I ever saw for some reason I really liked this film when I was about 13. Now with about 12+ more Hitchcock films under my belt I realize how bad it is. Doris Day can't act and James Stewart character sounds like a self righteous jerk every time he opens his mouth. The final climax is silly and the suspense on the whole lacking. I'd actually rank this with Hitchcock's stinkers because it doesn't have a whole lot going for it. Watch the 1934 British version with Peter Lorre instead.

2/5 Stars :P

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #3807 on: February 11, 2008, 07:19:35 PM »
Earthquake

C+

Saved from the D+/C- range by the fact that the effects and actual disaster scenes hold up really well, plus the camp value of Marjoe Gortner's psycho guardsman and Victoria Principal's afro.  I just felt really sad for Ava Gardner in this movie.  She had nothing to do but alternate between chewing the scenery and clinging.  Oh, and the + is for the fact that Victoria Principal is apparently saved from near-rape post traumatic stress by an adorable (and amazingly clean) poodle puppy.  I was really impressed with the special effects, they must have been totally mindblowing in 1974.  And not a bit of CGI.  Too bad there's so much tedious exposition to get through before the fun really starts.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #3808 on: February 11, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »
Assassination of Jesse James

Soooo long, and sooooo boring. I mean what the heck were they thinking with this movie? Did I mention this movie is dull? Oh my. I don't think I'm overreacting either, this movie is BAD!

F

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #3809 on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »
I couldn't disagree more, smirnoff. But to each his own.

Shoot 'Em Up.

This movie was awesome(gnarley). Not good by any stretch of the imagination, but fun. I should carry a carrot around with me.

B-.

Michael Clayton.

Clooney, Swinton, and Wilkinson were great. Individual scenes were really good, but I just didn't really feel it as a whole.

B.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love