love

Author Topic: A Suggestion about Past Marathons  (Read 5199 times)

Totoro

A Suggestion about Past Marathons
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »
I've been thinking about this a lot. I was wondering if it's possible if you guys edited each marathon you've done into a past into one or two part episode. Okay, so like let's say the Billy Wilder marathon would have like two episodes that includes all of the reviews for the films within that marathon and then the awards for it as well. And then the Archers would have another one and so forth. I'm mainly asking for this because I hate trying to find all of the past episodes with the marathons and no offense, but that's usually why I listen to episodes I've missed in the past. So if each marathon up until now (perhaps not the Kieslowski one) got their own two parter episode, that would be really cool. I'd really appreciate that. Something to consider?

Thanks,

Totes

AAAutin

• Elite Member
Re: A Suggestion about Past Marathons
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:56:52 AM »
I'm mainly asking for this because I hate trying to find all of the past episodes with the marathons and no offense, but that's usually why I listen to episodes I've missed in the past.

http://www.filmspotting.net/marathons.html

You can easily isolate the pertinent parts using iTunes.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 02:11:37 AM »
And where are the marathons?

My favorite part of Filmspotting has been the marathons, which provided me with part of my recent education of film.  More and more, Filmspotting is sounding like a normal film review, with the focus being on recent releases.  Sure, the top 5s get into movie history, and that's great, but there's no real in depth talk on films of the past there.  Please pick up on marathons again!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »
Didn't they say a couple months ago they were going to ease up on the marathons?  I seem to recall them saying it was taking up too much of their time or something.

I miss them too :(

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 07:47:52 AM »
There will be marathons.  The guys usually don't tackle a marathon when there are lots of new releases (good, new releases) on the calendar.  Our fall calendar is brimming !
Texan Down Under

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »
Candace is right. We had planned to start Blaxploitation in September but it just doesn't make sense in the Fall. Could change though on short notice.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)