love

Author Topic: 4th Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - Comments  (Read 61693 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: 4th Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - Comments
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2011, 02:19:36 AM »
Anyone who regularly participates in the forum should use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of every page

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »
If it's really important to you, Lobby, pm him.

I too use Recent Posts.  I click on the ones I need to read more carefully and open in another tab, then go back to them after I've read to the last point I left off in the chain.

Texan Down Under

Totoro

« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2011, 02:30:18 AM »
@Totoro: An easy way to keep up with what's discussed in the forums is to use the "recent posts" link that you'll find in the bottom of the first page of the forum. There you'll see all posts that have been posted regardless of where on the forum. You don't need to keep up with everything that is said of course but if you use that feature once in a while you get a feeling for where the discussions are most lively atm. In August there was a crazy activity in that thread. I guarantee you wouldn't have missed it if you'd checked out "View the most recent posts on the forum".
Please note that you can go back 10 pages. That will not take you a whole day back though. We talk a lot here!

Edit: Now that I understad that you don't use this feature I can't help worrying that Totoro might not see this post from me... Sigh. I don't know how to convey this piece of information to him. He ought to know...  :-\

No, no. I'm here now...

Totoro

« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2011, 05:48:49 AM »
Someone PMed mr for the documentary top 100 last Spring. I thought I'd be PMed for Top 100 Movie List too if you guys were doing it this year which, from several posts in the RFT thread, sounded like you weren't.

I only found out about the Top 100 performances from a post by Sandy in the RFT thread. Um, next time just put out a possible general announcement in RFT? Just to remind everyone and new people in the future that ignore some of the sub forums because they think they're inactive and don't know about the new posts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:53:42 AM by Totoro »

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Someone PMed mr for the documentary top 100 last Spring. I thought I'd be PMed for Top 100 Movie List too if you guys were doing it this year which, from several posts in the RFT thread, sounded like you weren't.

I only found out about the Top 100 performances from a post by Sandy in the RFT thread. Um, next time just put out a possible general announcement in RFT? Just to remind everyone and new people in the future that ignore some of the sub forums because they think they're inactive and don't know about the new posts.

If you care about those subforums then stop ignoring them.  You can tell when there's new posts in those subforums on the front page, so you can clearly see when they're active or not.  It sounds like you're moaning because no one told you we were doing top 100.  No one told me either.  I knew because I read the forums.  If you use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link, it's abundantly clear which threads have new posts.  You can pick and choose the ones you want to read.

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
Master Martin Yoda is correct if prickly in his teachings. Use this link and all your troubles will be little ones.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Totoro

« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:56 PM »
Whatever. There were 50 submissions for the list. There could've been more if people were reminded.
But I guess that's too difficult in any capacity, so I'll take it upon myself to remind people about Top 100 performances (look at my signature). Maybe the lurkers on the forum who don't use the new post thing (I just write "movie talk" in my url and go there) would stick around if they felt included.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:28:39 PM by Totoro »

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #377 on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »
Has it been mentioned yet that there is only one film (Lost In Translation) on the top-100 directed by a woman? Despicable.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #378 on: December 20, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »
Yeah, that movie has no business being in the top 100.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #379 on: December 20, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
What is the direct connection between good films and gender? If the answer has anything to do with positive discrimination or gaming or anything to do other than it's just a good film then don't answer.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

love