Poll

Yachty Verse Of 2K16 On A Non Lil Yachty Album/Mixtape?

Charli XCX ft. Lil Yachty - "After The Afterparty"
DJ Carnage ft. Lil Yachty - "Mase In '97"
Chance The Rapper ft. Lil Yachty & Young Thug - "Mixtape"
Big Baby D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty - "Broccoli"
Post Malone ft. Lil Yachty - "Monte"
A$AP Ferg & Lil Yachty - "Terminator"

Author Topic: FLY's Magical Mind of Music  (Read 15603 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: FLY's Magical Mind of Music
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:27 AM »
The time is here!

This round we look back at what was, undeniably, the year of Lil Yachty (really it was once again the year of Young Thug, but for the sake of the poll let's start with Yachty and give him his due). From the Lil Boat mixtape to the slew of features, it was a big year for #SailorGang. Here's the thing though: despite liking Lil Boat a ton, I found his other full on projects to be not nearly as great. And I know they are different, but you put him next to someone like Lil Uzi Vert and you know I keep those Uzi tapes in rotation (maybe I just love Philly that much?). Regardless, despite serving heaters, there are a ton of songs where Yachty completely steals the songs, and here we have the best of the best. All songs contain explicit content, btw.

So, if you will, let's all try and figure out what his best feature of the year was, because inquiring minds must know! I'll run through the nominees.

Charli XCX ft. Lil Yachty - "After The Afterparty" - One of FLY's biggest regrets was not going to Charli's first ever show in Philly. It was at the North Star Bar, there were only like 15 people there, and she hung out with people at the bar after the show. Tickets were so cheap too. She even talked to me on Twitter! Then that "I Don't Care" song happened and the rest is history. I can't wait for her new album, I still love you Charli, bb, in another life that night was magical for us.

DJ Carnage ft. Lil Yachty - "Mase In '97" - DJ Carnage seems like he brings the heat. This is a controversial pick because who really listens to just beats and shit? Isn't this 'just a Yachty song' FLY? Maybe. I actually listened to the DJ Snake album a lot, and it probably would have been even cooler if Yachty did something like he did here.

Chance The Rapper ft. Lil Yachty & Young Thug - "Mixtape" - Loved Acid Rap, love Coloring Book less so, still want to see Chance The Rapper live regardless. Either way, you know how pumped I was when this album came out? Stoked. Then I saw it started with Kanye, but he didn't rap, so that was a bummer. I looked through the track list though, and that name caught my eye, and I knew...Young Thug was about to crush it. And he does, kind of, but Lil Boat steals the show, no question about it. Is this perhaps the best verse on Chance The Rapper's new album?

Big Baby D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty - "Broccoli" - I should listen to this album, tbh, but every time I think about doing that I go back and tell myself, "FLY, why don't you just listen to 'Cash Machine' a million more times?" because that song is one of the year's best. This one is close behind in terms of heat, and the guest spot is a huge part of that. Seriously though, that "Cash Machine." I do love it when it talks to me.

Post Malone ft. Lil Yachty - "Monte" - I have no strong feelings on Post Malone one way or another, even if I feel like he's maybe at least a step or two removed from Asher Roth and whatever else frat rap has latched on to these days, but here's the more interesting tidbit about this selection: this project and song released the same day Chance The Rapper dropped his project. And while there's no question which entire work is better, at the risk of swaying votes (assuming anyone has made it this far), Yachty may actually crush it even harder on this song than he did for Chancellor.

A$AP Ferg & Lil Yachty - "Terminator" - So the video says this song actually features A$AP Ferg, but when I listened to it, it was introduced as a Ferg song with Yachty, and in reality I think it's probably a collaborative track that either could pick up on, in much the same way Young Thug claimed "Pick Up The Phone" when it was very likely meant to exclusively be a Travis Scott song. Regardless, it had to be included. Listen, and you'll know why.

Happy voting!