love

Author Topic: Favorite Alcoholic Drink?  (Read 36337 times)

Pseuds

Re: Favorite Alcoholic Drink?
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
I'll look for this one in Brissy, Pseuds.  Sounds delicious.

Well I hope it lives up to my praises  :) You shouldn't have too much trouble finding it in Dan Murphy's, its becoming fairly popular over here.
He made me feel like a third class witch doctor.

JokerXgg

• I'm the best mang, I diiiid it
    • Kaboochi
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
This Swedish cider is my favourite summertime beverage, particularly the elderberry & lime flavour. It's not as sweet as other ciders and goes down very easily. I swear it tastes like sunshine and happiness.

Have had this. Can back up Pseuds statement on how delicious it is.
My signature is such beauty

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2012, 12:20:09 AM »
Wow, what enthusiasm about a drink that I personally find kind of mediocre! Here most ciders are like that and are referred to as "girl cider". Easy to drink and get drunk on, but really just too sweet. It's like a soft drink with a bit of alcohol in it.

Every time I go to UK I'm baffled at how successful this label seems to be over there. They must have done some massive marketing. Personally - and more and more in Sweden with me I dare say) I prefer the dry versions you get from France and Britain, which are closer to wine, wonderful to drink chilled in the summer.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2012, 08:42:51 AM »
Maybe it's not marketing, but different tastes appeal to different people.  As far as I know, that brand is not marketed in AUS at all.  It's on the shelf and word-of-mouth sells it.  Also I'm not a fool for marketing and I never drink to "get drunk" and I don't care what other people call the drinks I enjoy.
Texan Down Under

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012, 10:39:40 AM »
I didn't mean to be insulting, in that case I apologize. Of course we're all entitled to different tastes! I just tried to convey how this brand is regarded in Sweden. It's got an aura of being what gf:s have at the pub while the guys have beer.

I think I've read somewhere about this particular brand, Kopparberg, working tremendously hard to establishing themselves in UK and it seems if they have succeded. I reckon it's more a mouth-to-mouth thing in AUS.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »
I think I've read somewhere about this particular brand, Kopparberg, working tremendously hard to establishing themselves in UK and it seems if they have succeded. I reckon it's more a mouth-to-mouth thing in AUS.

They've done a decent job of it over here. Most off-licenses that sell any cider will sell Kopparberg.

You may be right about the gender divide in pub drinking, Lobby, but if you're in college and at a house parties, those norms tend to go out the window. Even canned beers which can taste good in a pub, such as Guinness, are just watered down and bitter, so if you're going for a non-spirited alcoholic drink which tastes good, you'd settle on a cider, and so it's very common to see males drink ciders if they're willing to spend a bit more for something tasty. It's more alcopops which tend to be marginalised as being, to put it crudely, "just for girls", and even then I rarely see women drinking alcopops.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
Never heard of this Koppar stuff. This from cider central UK. They seem to be territory marketing using Sun Tzu methods (he say do not attack enemy where it is strongest; cider= SW England- there's a boat/barge/bar in Bristol that serves distilled nitro in the guise of a very sweet cider)
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »
Usually will just drink what ever Single Malt I pick up from the Duty Free.  Lately been enjoying this one:

Normally I don't favor French wines but I think my favorite wine I have had in the last year was the bottle second to the left:

But since I had 2 trips to the US in the last few months I have been able to enjoy a lot of California wines lately.

I am limited on beer choices unless I go out of my way to find something that is not Tiger, Carlsberg or Heineken.

Normally I do not
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 12:17:22 AM »
That bottle reminds me of the line "Like a bottle of chateauneuf du papes, I'm fine like wine when I start to rap", which is the Christmas Day red wine of choice. Heavy ain't the word.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »
That bottle reminds me of the line "Like a bottle of chateauneuf du papes, I'm fine like wine when I start to rap", which is the Christmas Day red wine of choice. Heavy ain't the word.

Had to google the lyric, I should check out more Beastie Boys... and if it is your Xmas day wine of choice, you can always extend an invite:)

Tonight's drink of choice is Lychee Martini.  After 7 years here, a friend is returning to the US in a few days and wanting to go to hit Morton's for the Martini and free steak sandwich happy hour. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman