love

Author Topic: Homeland: Showtime  (Read 12499 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Homeland: Showtime
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »
I know everyone but FLY has completely lost faith (or never had it, AAAutin) in Where In The World Is Dana Brody? (seriously though, bring her back!), but once again this show will finish fairly high in my year end list. For a show so reliant on energy, I feel like it definitely sustains everything on a weekly basis because the character work is so strong (this is the inverse of Breaking Bad).

But yeah, another strong season, perhaps even more than the second. It seems to me that each season, though all primarily filtered through Carrie because she is kind of the central force, focuses on fleshing out one character. The first season it was Carrie, second season we had the constant breakdown of Brody, and then this year we get Saul. Not sure where that leaves us for next year (Carrie, one imagines, or maybe Quinn), but whatevs, pretty CINECAST!ing dank.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
Yeah, read that earlier  :'( :'( :'(

Bring back Chris!

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2015, 03:38:48 AM »
Is anyone still here?

Just caught up with season 4 over the last 3 days. Fantastic season. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Awful finale though.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
I need to finish season 4. My interest fell off because Dana and Chris weren't coming back.

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
I liked season 4, but I've also liked the first three seasons quite a bit whereas a lot of people I talked to only seemed to care about season 1 and parts of season 2 so I'm probably going against the grain on this.

S4's momentum took a while to get started, but I think despite some good writing/directing/acting in regards to the new storyline, I just feel like the show will die out in a few years ala a few other Showtime shows that overstayed their welcome (Weeds and Dexter).
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Knocked Out Loaded

• Elite Member
  • I might remember it all differently tomorrow.
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2015, 03:58:57 PM »
A friend tricked us into watching S01-03 in August and we breezed through the episodes in no time at all. S04 was aired on Mondays this autumn here in Sweden (that is the day after it had been showed in the US) so it was possible to watch it weekly, old school style. I didn't like the way things became increasingly black and white with the Pakistani developments. Hopefully there will be a bit of change  of direction with the main characters back on American soil.
Extraordinary (81-100˚) | Very good (61-80˚) | Good (41-60˚) | Fair (21-40˚) | Poor (0-20˚)