Author Topic: October 2011 MDC: Oh the Horror!! Write ups!  (Read 3302 times)

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
Re: October 2011 MDC: Oh the Horror!! Write ups!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
Tucker and Dale vs Evil

This is an incredibly clever film. Building off the expectations of these kinds of films and these kinds of characters Eli Craig essentially makes a slasher film without an actual killer. The deaths are creative and brutal, the plots twist and turns are a bit cliche if not intentionally camp but a lot of it works. This a film more modern slashers should aim to be like, sure its brutal but its also a lot of fun, something a lot of horror movies seem to lack these days. The group of teens are exaggeratedly dumb but I guess that's sort of the point. Although the film plays off conventions it also follows some of them a bit too closely, which is a minor flaw.
Overall really great clever fun film, good rec.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:09:21 AM by Beavermoose »

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
Tucker and Dale vs Evil

This is an incredibly clever film. Building off the expectations of these kinds of films and these kinds of characters Eli Craig essentially makes a slasher film without an actual killer. The deaths are creative and brutal, the plots twist and turns are a bit cliche if not intentionally camp but a lot of it works. This a film more modern slashers should aim to be like, sure its brutal but its also a lot of fun, something a lot of horror movies seem to lack these days. The group of teens are exaggeratedly dumb but I guess that's sort of the point. Although the film plays off conventions it also follows some of them a bit too closely, which is a minor flaw.
Overall really great clever fun film, good rec.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
Why the repost?

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
Last Edit: Today at 06:09:21 AM by Beavermoose

I hadn't actually written it.