love

Poll

My Favorite Muppet Theatrical or TV Movie is...

The Muppet Movie (1979)
6 (24%)
The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
1 (4%)
The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)
2 (8%)
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
6 (24%)
Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
0 (0%)
Muppets from Space (1999)
0 (0%)
It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)
0 (0%)
The Muppets' Wizard of Oz (2005)
0 (0%)
The Muppets (2011)
2 (8%)
The Muppet Show (1976–1981)
4 (16%)
I've seen none of these.
2 (8%)
I'm dead inside. (aka. don't like any.)
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Muppet Poll  (Read 3019 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Muppet Poll
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 12:30:10 PM »
MDC Podcast made my watch Top Gun...

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 05:56:55 PM »
1. The Muppet Movie
2. The Muppet Show
3. The Muppets
4. The Great Muppet Caper
5. Muppet Treasure Island
6. Muppet Christmas Carol
7. Muppets Take Manhattan
8. Muppets Tonight
9. Very Merry Muppets Christmas Movie

I've still never seen Muppets From Space; part of me wants to, because Gonzo was my favorite as a kid and a movie about his origins should be right up my alley. But nothing about it sells me; worse yet, I've heard the redone version of "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday," and I wanted to claw my eyes out.

But the original is still my favorite. Just rewatched this last month and, wow, it's even better for me as an adult.
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »
What?  No Fraggle Rock? No Dark Crystal?   ;)

I'm a huge fan of The Muppet Show, and the Muppet Movie comes close.  I haven't seen this years Muppets, but I suspect I'll love that as well.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
There are a lot of other options, but I wanted to keep it to Kermit, Piggy and the Gang. Speaking of which...

Muppet Family Christmas
I love YouTube for things like this. Muppet Family Christmas is a difficult and expensive DVD to get a hold of, but you can find it on YouTube through a few different people. It's not The Muppets at their funniest, but it's very warm and entertaining. Best of all, The Muppets make room for characters from Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street and Muppet Babies. (The bit where Swedish Chef considers turning Big Bird into the Christmas Dinner is inspired.) It's only 42 minutes, but manages to give equal screen time to all, something The Muppets wasn't able to pull off in two hours. Grab a mug of cocoa for the heart-warming musical finale, and prepare yourself for the most special of guest cameos at the end. A great Christmas Eve treat to enjoy with the family.
RATING: * * * 1/2

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 05:57:43 AM »
The Muppet Show beats The Muppet Movie. Largely because there is so much more of it. I have very fond memories of watching the new episodes come out each week.

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
The Muppet Show beats The Muppet Movie. Largely because there is so much more of it. I have very fond memories of watching the new episodes come out each week.

You make a good point, but having so much more content allows for the possibility that not all of it is amazing, whereas I would say The Muppet Movie is top-to-bottom amazing.

Follow me on Twitter!

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
Yes not all of the show works, but with so much greatness it trumps the movie. The movie has Kermit singing in the swamp. The show has Ma Ma Na Na which is an all time favourite of mine, it also has Kermit singing with his nephew. So quantity wins out, for me.

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 10:41:24 AM »
Yes not all of the show works, but with so much greatness it trumps the movie. The movie has Kermit singing in the swamp. The show has Ma Ma Na Na which is an all time favourite of mine, it also has Kermit singing with his nephew. So quantity wins out, for me.

Fair enough on the idea of quantity (though I would, perhaps, bristle a bit at the idea that the movie's most notable moment is just The Rainbow Connection).

Follow me on Twitter!

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

Fair enough on the idea of quantity (though I would, perhaps, bristle a bit at the idea that the movie's most notable moment is just The Rainbow Connection).
Not the most notable, just the first one I remembered.

love