Author Topic: Obvious self whoring thread  (Read 101513 times)

JakeIsntFake

• Nothing that a few mega-vitamins couldn't cure
    • 2015 Watchlist
Re: Obvious self whoring thread
« Reply #1230 on: June 10, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
Dude, so cool.
What a world
"The detail of the pattern is movement"
ICheckMovies
Top 40

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1231 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »
Great read, Jeff! :)

"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #1232 on: June 11, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »
Thanks!

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • My tinypic changed so no avatar for a little while
« Reply #1233 on: July 06, 2016, 07:18:19 AM »
My story The Lawn is up today at New Pop Lit!!!

Just got around to reading this. What a great read, well done. I loved the "hero's" laid-back attitude.

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #1234 on: July 16, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »
My story The Lawn is up today at New Pop Lit!!!

Just got around to reading this. What a great read, well done. I loved the "hero's" laid-back attitude.

Thanks!

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #1235 on: July 16, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »
Jeff sorry I missed this first time around. Thanks Dave.

I love the micro anxieties of life that you delightfully cut across. I hope this is a true story! ;D You make all those incidental characters insightful and warm and funny. I was hoping for one of those dark twisted endings that powered lawn mowers forebode! ;D

We have little electric powered lawnmowers cos we have tiny gardens. The cultural power of the petrol lawnmower is revealed to me.

That's good writing. Thanks.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #1236 on: July 16, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »
Jeff sorry I missed this first time around. Thanks Dave.

I love the micro anxieties of life that you delightfully cut across. I hope this is a true story! ;D You make all those incidental characters insightful and warm and funny. I was hoping for one of those dark twisted endings that powered lawn mowers forebode! ;D

We have little electric powered lawnmowers cos we have tiny gardens. The cultural power of the petrol lawnmower is revealed to me.

That's good writing. Thanks.

Thank you!

Bits of it are based on real events, namely the letter from the Homeowners Association about an unsightly lawn (I wasn't the owner though).

I tried to be conscious of not making the neighbors seem like two-dimensional dingbats, other than maybe the religious busybody. I'm glad it seemed to have worked.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #1237 on: August 01, 2016, 03:38:26 PM »
Self whoring doesn't get any more self-whorey than crowd-funding campaigns, right? Well I've got one!

We're in the final stages of pushing towards completing GALAXY LORDS, which up until this point we've managed to scrape by on without a budget. We're facing a lot of real costs to finish this thing off, so we're hoping to find support from people who might be as excited to see it as we are to finish it. It's silly and unimportant, but it's a passion project, so we'd appreciate your time in giving it a look! :)

MattDrufke

« Reply #1238 on: August 22, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
For those people who live in the Chicagoland area, I run a stand-up show every Thursday night in Aurora called Still Not Friday. Every week, we take three featured comedians and give them 20-minute sets. It's at Two Brothers Roundhouse (205 N. Broadway). We've featured comics who have been on Comedy Central and Last Comic Standing and have toured with some of the biggest names in the country. And it's a free show.

We've got a facebook page: www.facebook.com/snfcomedy
And a twitter: www.twitter.com/snfcomedy
@ihatemattdrufke