Author Topic: Obvious self whoring thread  (Read 154232 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Obvious self whoring thread
« Reply #940 on: June 03, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »
7.5 months of unemployment ends tomorrow, yay  ;D

raking leaves?
No, autumn has finished, it is winter time now.

shoveling snow? (Yr seasons don't change on the Solstice/Equinox?  I did not know that!)
Melbourne does not get snow so no shovelling. In general Australians change the season at the beginning of the month (March, June, September, December), although like so many things, not everyone agrees.

In the years I spent in the Northwest of Western Australia we didn't even have 4 seasons, we had the wet season and the dry season. Now I'm in Perth and the only difference is, it gets cold sometimes  :-\

I have forgotten what seasons are.  The difference between "winter" and summer is about 2 degrees and they are both hot as hell.  Though it rains more in winter.  I've not been to Perth but plan to next Chinese New Year.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Pseuds

« Reply #941 on: June 03, 2010, 08:01:50 AM »

raking leaves?

shoveling snow? (Yr seasons don't change on the Solstice/Equinox?  I did not know that!)
Melbourne does not get snow so no shovelling. In general Australians change the season at the beginning of the month (March, June, September, December), although like so many things, not everyone agrees.

In the years I spent in the Northwest of Western Australia we didn't even have 4 seasons, we had the wet season and the dry season. Now I'm in Perth and the only difference is, it gets cold sometimes  :-\

I have forgotten what seasons are.  The difference between "winter" and summer is about 2 degrees and they are both hot as hell.  Though it rains more in winter.  I've not been to Perth but plan to next Chinese New Year.

Ok, a difference of only 2 degrees? I'm guessing you're close to the equator then?
He made me feel like a third class witch doctor.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #942 on: June 03, 2010, 08:02:47 AM »

raking leaves?

Ok, a difference of only 2 degrees? I'm guessing you're close to the equator then?

About 80 miles north of it
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Pseuds

« Reply #943 on: June 03, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »

raking leaves?

About 80 miles north of it

Singapore!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #944 on: June 03, 2010, 08:20:19 AM »
bingo

Pseuds

« Reply #945 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »

Awesome,

So you'd appreciate a break form the humidity then? Chinese New Year is on the 3rd of Feb next year right?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #946 on: June 03, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »
Yes, I spend it every year with local friends and their family which is custom.  But since their parents have past away and the family has moved apart a bit, they decided to break tradition and go someplace for a vacation and decided on Perth.  I have been to Australia a few times but only to Melbourne so looking forward to it.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #947 on: June 03, 2010, 04:22:22 PM »
I'm happy that the first time one of my reviews has been mentioned on an actor fan site was this one. And on the front page no less! 

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #948 on: June 03, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
I'm happy that the first time one of my reviews has been mentioned on an actor fan site was this one. And on the front page no less! 
Nice one

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #949 on: June 03, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »
Nice!!

love