Author Topic: Obvious self whoring thread  (Read 154203 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: Obvious self whoring thread
« Reply #951 on: June 04, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
Is it just me, or have you been pumping them out fast and furious lately? I can't keep up.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #952 on: June 04, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »
Is it just me, or have you been pumping them out fast and furious lately? I can't keep up.

Actually. Not exactly. This episode was supposed to come out on Monday, but I had computer issues. You may feel this way because of the bonus Lost episode last week. Expect yet another new episode on Monday.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #953 on: June 04, 2010, 02:25:15 PM »
Ah, right, probably the bonus epi.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #954 on: June 04, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »
Just letting everyone know that, The Filmspotters Top Animated Films, should be their number one priority in the month of June.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #955 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »
NEW WEBSITE ALERT! NEW WEBSITE ALERT!

http://everydayaphoto.squarespace.com/

I've moved Every Day a Photo over to squarespace so that I can have more control over what it looks like and how it functions. This means bigger pictures and more function. It is in the early stages of development so please let me know what I can do to make your experience better and I'll look into changing things around. Also, please spread this to as many people as you feel comfortable. Post a link on the facebooks or throw a link into your own blogroll. I'll return the favor. Also, as this now costs money to run, any donations you want to send my way would be fully appreciated. It's not required or anything, but welcomed.

So enjoy, all ye who enter here. And return every day!
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #956 on: June 04, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »
Joining the squarespace train eh? Yeah. It costs money, and it can be a pain in the but to deal with sometimes, but overall it's a great platform. And I love your site! Only thing is that your body is too wide. Try narrowing it, and then resizing the images to fit a smaller space, but linking to the bigger version. My browser is stretched reasonably wide at 1175px, but you should aim to fit your website to a 1024px width. ;)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #957 on: June 04, 2010, 05:05:52 PM »
Junior, wow some great shots, and yes could you narrow the site a little please.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #958 on: June 04, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »
Ok, how does this look? I had to sacrifice the sidebar for the moment. Making the pictures bigger is the entire reason I switched to the new place with the new freedom. That's the one thing I will not change.

However, now that I've lost the sidebar, what do you guys think about a separate page that has all of the stuff that would be in the side bar (blogroll, donate button, links to other sections...)? Would people ever look at it?
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #959 on: June 04, 2010, 05:41:32 PM »
Ok, how does this look? I had to sacrifice the sidebar for the moment. Making the pictures bigger is the entire reason I switched to the new place with the new freedom. That's the one thing I will not change.

However, now that I've lost the sidebar, what do you guys think about a separate page that has all of the stuff that would be in the side bar (blogroll, donate button, links to other sections...)? Would people ever look at it?

The pictures should still be smaller. Probably by about 100 or 200px width. Like I said. The standard width nowadays is 1024. Your picture there is currently 1024 or 1025. That's just a smidge too big. What you want it the whole site to be just slightly below that width, which means making your body a bit less wide still. Sorry to be such a stickler ;)

And here, by the way, is Bondo's latest Adventures in Poliwood post over at TheReelists!