Author Topic: The Hunger Games Trilogy  (Read 8184 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »
I agree on this. Catching Fire was a long, not very creative way to bridge the gap between Hunger Games and Mockingjay. It is a bit of a shame that she couldn't find a better way to get from point A to C since A and C are so interesting.

It's because she is a bad writer.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
okay, finished Mockingjay, and it was much better than Catching Fire.  Not sure how I felt about the ending the repeated talk of suicide and the months of depression, just felt a bit off for me.  And I thought the resolution between Gale and Peeta was summed up a little too neatly with Gale's involvement in Prim's death.  So overall, I was pleased with the series, and I am excited about the movie.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
ses, have you seen Cube? Not going into too much detail about the book but I think Vincenzo Natali might be a great director for Mockingjay especially for everything that happens once they get to the Capitol. Frankly I'd have loved to see Natali tackle the entire series. Gary Ross has made some solid films but nothing that indicates the ability to handle this content/genre.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
I have seen it, and that may be an interesting choice for Mockingjay.  Is Ross set to direct all of the films?
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
Heads up for anyone who is interested in picking these up inexpensively, I got the e-versions yesterday on Kobo for about $4 for the trilogy by applying the respective promo codes HungerGamesDeal, HungerGamesDeal2, and HungerGamesDeal3 during checkout. I'm not sure how long this deal lasts, but it's a good one.