Author Topic: February 2012 MDC: Sci-Fi  (Read 23750 times)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
February 2012 MDC: Sci-Fi
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »
this month's theme is Sci-Fi, who's in?

Dictator                              Subject                                       Film
1SO                                     ses                                            Brazil
Beavermoose                      roricb                                          Strange Days
Corndog                              oldkid                                         Solaris
GothamCity151                   Life as fiction                              Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
jrod                                     saltine                                       9
Ideathy                               jrod                                            Summer Wars
Life as Fiction                      mousterpiece                              The City of Lost Children
LukeRobot                          THATguy                                      La Planete Sauvage
MartinTeller                         LukeRobot                                  The Face of Another
mousterpiece                      Corndog                                      12 Monkeys
oldkid                                  PeacefulAnarchy                         The Abyss
PeacefulAnarchy                 MartinTeller                                 The Stepford Wives
roricb                                  Beavermoose                              Alphaville
saltine                                Ideathy                                       Back to the Future
Sam the Cinema Snob        GothamCity151                           eXistenZ
ses                                     Sam the Cinema Snob                 Soylent Green
THATguy                             1SO                                            The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:36:31 PM by ses »
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: February 2012 MDC: Sci-Fi
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
me

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »
There's a first time for everything, so I'm in.
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

PeacefulAnarchy

• Elite Member
    • Criticker reviews
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
I'll participate too.

roricb

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
in

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
This'll be good
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Life as Fiction

• South of the Border, West of the Sun
    • Life as Fiction
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »
In as well.  Still trying to understand the process... Does one person pick a film for the month?

PeacefulAnarchy

• Elite Member
    • Criticker reviews
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
In as well.  Still trying to understand the process... Does one person pick a film for the month?
Everyone gets assigned one person to pick a film for and one person who picks a film for them.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Yeah, and the films are usually decided on via PM so you don't dictate something the other person has already seen.  You then post your dictations (people usually say "____ will be watching" then post a film poster.  Once the review is written by the subject, I link to that review in the first post which will have the dictators, subjects, and films. 

http://www.filmspotting.net/forum/index.php?topic=10786.0

This is this month's thread, it may clear things up a bit.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Life as Fiction

• South of the Border, West of the Sun
    • Life as Fiction
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
Yeah, and the films are usually decided on via PM so you don't dictate something the other person has already seen.  You then post your dictations (people usually say "____ will be watching" then post a film poster.  Once the review is written by the subject, I link to that review in the first post which will have the dictators, subjects, and films. 

http://www.filmspotting.net/forum/index.php?topic=10786.0

This is this month's thread, it may clear things up a bit.

Understand most of it, except: Do we choose who we want to dictate the film to or is it random?

love