Author Topic: Miller's Crossing (1990)  (Read 8962 times)

lifeoffiction

• Flixster
Re: Miller's Crossing (1990)
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 12:06:54 AM »
While I do enjoy Goodfellas more, this is in my top 50. It's easily one of the Coens' best. I really don't think it's very overlooked though. Most anyone who knows the Coens' know Miller's Crossing.

Ryecatcher

• Frosted Flakes aren't that great.
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
Ditto what most have already said about this one. Miller's Crossing is a heavyweight contender.

Now, on the other hand, the Coen's The Man Who Wasn't There seems to be a bit overlooked when talking about their work and one that I feel is not only excellent, it features my favorite role that Billy Bob Thornton plays... although his his minute role as the bungling 'madcap' Bobby Tyler in Tombstone makes a good run at the chart position as well.  ;)
Diane, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies.

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
Great movie! I loved the use of mirrors during certain scenes, and especially how characters chose to speak to each other either through the mirror, talking to the other person's reflection, or to the character him or herself.

thisvariousworld

• Sa da tay my damies.
    • this various world
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »
Ditto what most have already said about this one. Miller's Crossing is a heavyweight contender.

Now, on the other hand, the Coen's The Man Who Wasn't There seems to be a bit overlooked when talking about their work and one that I feel is not only excellent, it features my favorite role that Billy Bob Thornton plays... although his his minute role as the bungling 'madcap' Bobby Tyler in Tombstone makes a good run at the chart position as well.  ;)

The Man Who Wasn't There really exceeded my expectations. Is it the only b/w Coen's? Definitely a better use of Billy Bob than Intolerable Cruelty. Hahahaha.  The hat in Miller's now always reminds me of the Prestige. 

love