Author Topic: General Music talk  (Read 83314 times)

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
Re: General Music talk
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2013, 04:26:09 PM »
Someone help me out with this, please? I've been trying to find this song now for literally minutes, but I can't find it. The chorus goes something like "You'll be lee-aaving town tonight, on the last traaiiin home". The singer sounds a lot like Stuart Murdoch from Belle and Sebastian but, so far as I am aware, it is not a Belle and Sebastian song.

anyone?....

What kinda arrangement? acoustic, string-led, etc etc?

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »
Acoustic I think, but I think there are some drums in there. It sounds just like Belle and Sebastian.
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2013, 04:48:46 AM »
I was making my way through the 4th season of Breaking Bad (and I apologize I know this is a movie forum and I really don't spend much time on television at all), but found the tune 1977 by Ana Tijoux rather interesting.  Probably not for most people as it is hip hop/rap and what's funny is I'm the type that has A Perfect Circle in the ipod, but found this song kinda cool.  Also, isn't Santa Esmeralda's cover of The Animal's Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood freakin awesome?  It was in Kill Bill Vol. 1, that whole soundtrack in fact is solid.  I try to throw that tune on when I go to the bar, but most jukeboxes don't have it, usually just the original Animal's version.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

sdb_1970

• Elite Member
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »
Dear Kelly Clarkson-

If you are show-boating your range and smiling during a performance of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," then you just don't get it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4lY8Y3eoo
letterboxd

[insert pithy expression of false modesty here]

Totoro

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2014, 02:52:45 AM »
I love how "Blow" is pretty much Beyonce saying, "I have an awesome tasting vagina." The sexual confidence is awesome, kind of makes every other current female artist look like a schoolgirl. Bey is a woman.

:gushing:

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »
I love how "Blow" is pretty much Beyonce saying, "I have an awesome tasting vagina." The sexual confidence is awesome, kind of makes every other current female artist look like a schoolgirl. Bey is a woman.

:gushing:

That's what makes this album so incredible. She takes these themes of female sexuality, desire, motherhood, feminism, companionship, and mortality that our society wants to keep discreet, and mashes them together so elegantly and effortlessly that it will further frustrate those who want the reality of Beyonce to be one thing that matches their idea of Beyonce. This is her DGAF, her Yeezus, the high point of her career, and it's in my top ten of the year.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
So Lorde released an extended album with 5 more songs. I know they've been doing a lot of special edition releases with bonus songs and music videos and live versions and such but this one was more annoying than most in the DVD re-release, now with special features, kind of way. The way iTunes store does albums, there is not complete your album compatibility between versions so all this just makes the process that much more annoying. Why does the music industry insist on antagonizing their customers and driving them to less buying and more streaming.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
FLY has been going hard on Young Thug for the past couple of months.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2014, 12:16:42 PM »
Just discovered this for some reason... it's amazing.

http://www.avclub.com/search?feature_types=hatesong

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 12:19:36 PM »
Haha, that's pretty funny. The Lynch one made me grin.