Poll

How do you feel about the existing schedule for the Retro Filmspots?

Keep both deadlines as they are
10 (66.7%)
Extend the nominations period and shorten the final voting period
1 (6.7%)
Push back both deadlines
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Retro Filmspots 1957: Deadlines  (Read 10512 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Retro Filmspots 1957: Deadlines
« on: May 01, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »
The initial plan called for nominations ballots to be due on May 13 and final ballots to be due on June 24. We're by no means tied to that, though, especially with this being our first time doing this. I know a few people are itching to start the voting while others, like me, have a stack of films they're still hoping to discover or rediscover.

So, where do you stand? Vote!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
Re: Retro Filmspots 1957: Deadlines
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
I'm fine with them where they are.  Though I have a ton of stuff I still want to watch.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
I feel like I've watched the key things I wanted to. I think seeing what gets nominated and trying to catch up with those would be the most useful part now.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »
I feel like I've watched the key things I wanted to. I think seeing what gets nominated and trying to catch up with those would be the most useful part now.

That's pretty much where I am too.  I'd vote "move up both deadlines" but that isn't an option.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »

That's pretty much where I am too.  I'd vote "move up both deadlines" but that isn't an option.

Same for me.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »

Hmm. I would have thought, given all the discovery you two did, you'd both want to give other voters a chance to catch up with your discoveries, so that films like The Passionate Stranger and Ni Liv have a shot at the ballot. They're still on my watchlist, anyway.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »
Well, most people aren't willing to do what it takes to watch the Muriel Box films.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »
Hmm. I would have thought, given all the discovery you two did, you'd both want to give other voters a chance to catch up with your discoveries, so that films like The Passionate Stranger and Ni Liv have a shot at the ballot. They're still on my watchlist, anyway.

pixote

I like both those films, but neither is likely to get any of my nominations.  I would like more people to check out The Burglar but I don't know if that's going to happen. 

I guess May 13th is a pretty good deadline.  It just seems like interest has died down quite a bit, it might rev things up again to move along to the next step.  But I'm impatient like that.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »

I think it would help motivate others (like me) if people posted up in-progress/preliminary ballots.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »
A personal ballot thread would be helpful.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

love