Author Topic: These Are a Few...  (Read 7407 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: These Are a Few...
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »
My Opinel knife - I got it as a Christmas gift from my sister a couple years ago. It's one of those items I didn't know I needed until I had it. Now it's my favourite tool. It's much less delicate than I first though, and has survived many abuses (including things that no knife is meant to do, such as prying, hammering, drilling, etc). Within reason, of course. I love the simple design and the light weight. I own a few other knives, and they're good for specific things, but that's just it, you never know what your going to need a knife for until you need it. Rather than thinking about which knife I'm going to need to suit the task, I just bring my Opinel and trust in its versatility. It hasn't let me down yet.

(I wish mine still looked this pretty)

My Sansa Clip Zip - You simply can't beat this player's size, price, battery life, interface, and non-Ipodness. The Sansa players have gone through a few versions, but with the Clip Zip they've worked out the all kinks (which were minor). Buying this increased my podcast listening tenfold.

these things

Loons!

(in particular, hearing their call on a queit night by the lake)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »
Clovis, I'm listening to Leonard Cohen while trying to figure out what exactly molecular gastronomy food is. :) Are you allowed to dig in the Badlands? Also, I've been told by more than one person that I should never play poker since my eyes are too easy to read. Is anyone allowed to wear sunglasses at the table?

smirnoff, A french knife! I just read that Pablo Picasso carved his sculptures with an Opinel. You're in good company. The only time I've seen or heard a loon is many years ago watching On Golden Pond (that's kind of sad). I've got to get me to the mall and try one of those Cinnabon things.
"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
You won't regret it. :)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
I've worked in the badlands a lot. It has better palaeontology than archaeology though. Amazing dinosaur deposits.

As for glasses yes anyone can wear them at the poker table. I never wear them but a lot of people do.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
My Heritage

If only I could create a magical country with the weather of the south of France, the somewhat libertine lust for life (and good food) of the French, and the egalitarian social system and the no-nonsense interior design of Scandinavia. Oh, but speaking English, my magic clearly isn't powerful enough for me to learn anything else.

Androgyny

Sex and gender are so 20th Century, the 21st Century should be one of people without labels.

Sourdough Bread

Just give me a fresh hot loaf and some butter and I'm all set, thanks.

Kittens

RIP Sox (1991-2010)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:59:53 PM by Bondo »

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
I've worked in the badlands a lot. It has better palaeontology than archaeology though. Amazing dinosaur deposits.

As for glasses yes anyone can wear them at the poker table. I never wear them but a lot of people do.

At least I would have a fighting chance. :)  Have you ever been to Vernal UT. It probably doesn't compare to the Alberta Badlands.

Bondo, I'd visit your country! Who is the person with the black hair and collar--a singer? Is 19 years a long time for a cat to live?

"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »
Yes, that's the lead singer of Tokio Hotel.

And yeah, 19 years is a long life for a cat, especially an a cat that goes outdoors.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »
Not sure where best to post this, but liberty and security are some of my very favorite things...

DarkeningHumour

• Godfather
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
Waitaminute ! You guys actually have a special name for bread that is not sweet ? As in, this is a minority, not normal bread ?
Society is dumb. Art is everything. - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »
Thank you Sandy, the honor and pleasure is all ours.

For all the boys and girls still down range, many thanks, much love and see you in two weeks.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"