Author Topic: These Are a Few...  (Read 7209 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: These Are a Few...
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 04:10:21 PM »
Thank you Sandy, the honor and pleasure is all ours.

For all the boys and girls still down range, many thanks, much love and see you in two weeks.

The "see you in two weeks" phrase, chokes me up a little. I also really like the one, "I'll be there in four days and a wake up." :) Thank you for your service, Col. And, I echo the thanks you're sending out too.
"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »
Waitaminute ! You guys actually have a special name for bread that is not sweet ? As in, this is a minority, not normal bread ?

Waitaminute! You've never had sourdough bread before, DarkeningHumour?! This needs to be rectified PDQ!

The bread is special in that it needs a starter (fermented dough), to make it rise and that gives it a unique, slightly tart taste. I hope you can find some and give it a try. :)
"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

DarkeningHumour

• Godfather
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 08:46:27 AM »
I don't know if I have had it. Bondo's picture looks like a baguette, which I have certainly had, but maybe it is something different. What I am positive I have not had is sweet bread. I cannot fathom what the point of such a thing could be. Sweet bread becomes brioche.

What do your sandwiches even taste like ?
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 09:02:07 AM »
I assume when you say sweet bread, you mean like a banana bread or cinnamon raisin bread and not sweetbread, which is...rather not bread. Your dessert breads can be rather nice but they serve a very different function (I basically consider them a less sweet substitute of cake).

But yeah, sourdough is only really distinguished from French bread (which is probably not a term the French use) by the sour taste that comes from the fermenting.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »

Do you live in Los Angeles? Left turn signals are rare, special things in this city.
"If God gives you lemons find a new God."

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 11:49:51 AM »
I think the bread confusion is coming from the fact that there are more than just the two categories. It's not sour vs sweet like, say, pickles. It's more like there's regular sandwich bread (French, Italian, pizza dough, etc); sweet bread, which is basically cake as Bondo said (banana-, cinnamon-, etc); and then sourdough, which is fermented with a specific type of airborne bacteria. (or something like this)

Adding to the confusion are Sweetbreads, which are disgusting head meats.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
I think I'll pass on those specific sweetbreads you mentioned, Jeff!

Do you live in Los Angeles?

No, but I've driven in L.A.!

Left turn signals are rare, special things in this city.

You said it, philip! There is nothing quite as wonderful as a left turn signal. They say you can tell a lot about a person, by their driving style and my love for these signals says, I believe, I don't like to feel pressure from others (in this case, cars behind me), for the decisions I make, how or when! :D

That makes a fun question in general. Fellow Filmspotters, what does your driving style say about you?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
I no longer have a Drivers license as it expired on my bday earlier this year and I had no way to renew it
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 06:04:12 PM »
That makes a fun question in general. Fellow Filmspotters, what does your driving style say about you?

I'm a fairly relaxed driver, I've never felt the need to get aggressive behind the wheel. Mind you my commute to work is generally off peak hours...something I learned a long time ago. Don't drive angry. I also don't mind taking the bus or tram. Sheffield has a really good transport service and quite cheap as well.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:18 PM »
I drive pretty fast, but I like to think, very safely. Almost always move out of the passing lane in case an Armenian in a BMW comes blasting through.

I swear. A lot. Usually at slow drivers and people who don't use their turn signal.
"If God gives you lemons find a new God."

love