Author Topic: My official Best of 2011 (belated)  (Read 796 times)

sparky89

• "Your car is even uglier than I am!"
My official Best of 2011 (belated)
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »
Over the next few days, I'm going to be counting down my top ten movies of 2011. I usually wait to do that until June, so I can get a fair sample of most of the films of the year. But tonight, I will just do a quick rundown of my runners up: 15 - 11

15. Beginners
Beginners was mostly recognized for Christopher Plummer playing an older gentleman coming out of the closet in his later years, but I found the romance between Ewan McGregor and Melanie Laurent to be one of the best of the year.

14. Certified Copy
I'm sure many of you may have never heard of this one*, but it has wonderful dialogue, and is available on Netflix Instant. So I would strongly recommend checking it out.

*that was from when I posted it on Facebook. I'm sure most of you are quite familiar with it.

13. The Adjustment Bureau
Some may have called it hammy, but I thoroughly enjoyed this sci-fi romantic movie.

12. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
I thought the very end was kind of lame, but up to that point, I was captivated at the edge of my seat. Super exciting stuff.

11. The Artist
This was a very fun movie, and was much less boring than Hugo. Also, Berenice Bejo was adorable and enchanting, and Jean Dujardin was clearly having the time of his life in his flashy, Oscar-winning role.

Tune in tomorrow for my #10!

love