Author Topic: Amusing New Host is Amusing  (Read 7290 times)

Osprey

Amusing New Host is Amusing
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »
Just wanted to point out something I find funny.

Put fine Midwestern family man Adam together with edgy, boho, dissolute, single, baseball cap wearing Midwestern cohost Matty=   cinematic Kumbaya, we're on the same film criticism page, baby

Put fine Midwestern family man Adam with fine Midwestern family man Josh=more disagreement in the last 3 weeks than the last few years.

Keep up the good work!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Amusing New Host is Amusing
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »
It's all building to a epic sumo-suit fight (a la Charlie's Angels - Tim Curry vs. Bill Murray). Episode 500, live. :)

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:06:44 PM »
It's all building to a epic sumo-suit fight (a la Charlie's Angels - Tim Curry vs. Bill Murray). Episode 500, live. :)

I would watch that.   :D
The answers you seek are in Norway.

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »

I would watch that.   :D

Me, too. But ditch the "sumo suits" and just wait for them to bulk up.
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:50 AM »
I was however saddened to learn that Josh also liked the lake house and sin city.......but happy that he dislikes 12 angry men ;)

would 2 angry sumos work for the live show? :)
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

JakeBarnes12

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »
Just wanted to point out something I find funny.

Put fine Midwestern family man Adam together with edgy, boho, dissolute, single, baseball cap wearing Midwestern cohost Matty=   cinematic Kumbaya, we're on the same film criticism page, baby

Put fine Midwestern family man Adam with fine Midwestern family man Josh=more disagreement in the last 3 weeks than the last few years.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, it got pretty tense on this week's show over the Oz movie. I was really worried that Adam and Josh would be too much alike and just agree on everything -- nice to see they can get pretty tetchy with each other in one segment and then snap out of it for the rest of the show.

Osprey

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »
Unfortunately, I am disheartened to find out that both of our hosts roll on Shabbas.  Not sure I can go on listening to the show.  There are rules.

love