Author Topic: Reconstruction (2003)  (Read 2054 times)

antoinedoinel

Reconstruction (2003)
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »
This is a film by Cristoffer Boe.  It enchanted me because I don't know Copenhagen, I want to know Copenhagen, and I'm a sucker for films where disoriented characters have to "find themselves" by traversing an cosmopolitan landscape.  It's romantic and atmospheric and beautiful-- and I'm *not* usually a sucker for that, but then again I did fall for Ridley Scott's Someone to Watch over Me (1987) back in the day, so I'll wear my shaky credibility right on here my sleeve.

Unfortunately, it's not on Netflix instant, but if you want to get a sense of Boe's work, Allegro (2005) is on instant...
Ethics is about how we inhabit uncertainty, together.
--Brian Massumi

The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.
--James Baldwin

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Reconstruction (2003)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
Looks interesting, I think I'll try and track it down.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
I've seen it. It's not a film I love, but one that has stuck with me for the past near-decade. Some great stylistic flourishes. I should probably watch it again.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
I revisited this about 3 weeks ago.  Maria Bonnevie is excellent; one of the best performances from that decade.  It's worth watching but I don't connect with it all that much.  And when a film is heavy on emotional material and I'm not connecting to it in that sense, then it makes the experience a little overbearing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:05:49 PM by Verite »
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

love