love

Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226513 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2000 on: July 10, 2018, 06:56:05 PM »
I'm having trouble appreciating the second season, even though I loved the first.  I need to commit to it.

But lately I've been watching Little Witch Academia.  I mean, how much commitment do I need to find Sense8 better?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2001 on: July 10, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »
GLOW season 2

Watched the entire season in one day. Such a good show top to bottom. Really loved Tamme's episode and the one at the hospital. Episode 8 is very fun, but owes a huge debt to the B.A.N. episode of Atlanta.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

It shouldn't be surprising that a billionaire who owns a fleet of classic cars is out of touch, but boy does Seinfeld seem completely out of sync with the times. Episodes this new season are super choppy. Gone is the sense of a real conversation unfolding. Now it's just short exchanges between shots of espresso being poured. Kate McKinnon was my favorite.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2002 on: July 10, 2018, 08:09:17 PM »
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

It shouldn't be surprising that a billionaire who owns a fleet of classic cars is out of touch, but boy does Seinfeld seem completely out of sync with the times. Episodes this new season are super choppy. Gone is the sense of a real conversation unfolding. Now it's just short exchanges between shots of espresso being poured. Kate McKinnon was my favorite.

I've watched a couple from the new season (Ellen, Regan, Chapelle)... and so far I would say it's been a bit of a let down. Prior to this season I would've summarized the show as being a mostly hits and only a few duds. This season I'm still hoping to come across a good episode.

I don't know if I share your feelings about what's changed, for instance I find Jerry as likeable as ever, but I do agree that the season is a bit of a let down (so far at least).

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2003 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
Yeah - it's something good to throw on while making dinner, but not a ton more.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2004 on: July 19, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »
Watching Wynonna Earp. It's not great, but it's fun and fast-paced. Owes an enormous debt to Buffy. Like, they should probably pay royalties.

Pratters

• Indian Cinephile who loves World Cinema
    • My Blog
« Reply #2005 on: July 20, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
Loved Mindhunter. What a great show.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2006 on: July 24, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »
Letterkenny

Really enjoyed the first few episodes. It has an interesting comedic style that combines extremely laconic characters with very punchy editing. If you're looking for something very light and very brisk, it's worth a look.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #2007 on: July 26, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
You can tell when a show has jumped the proverbial shark, when slow motion montages set to music pop up numerous times per episode. Sons of Anarchy was guilty of this in later seasons. Sense8 is the worst offender in its second season. The first season was a binge-worthy affair, but this season is a chore to get through. I’m on the fourth “emotional” montage set to some Bon Iver song in this very episode. It’s still goofy fun, but it’s become way too self indulgent to be all that enjoyable. I can see why this was cancelled by Netflix (notwithstanding the obvious ridiculous budget they were given).

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2008 on: July 26, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
I'm having a hard time getting through the first episode, and I really enjoyed the first season.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #2009 on: July 28, 2018, 07:03:15 AM »
I'm not sure how I feel about this Sasha Baron Cohen show.
I feel like making fun and embarrassing uneducated people is not necessarily the way to go, especially when the country has reached this level of alienation. Like the left wing elite are laughing at these people for being racist, but it's not really a laughing matter.