Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226386 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2040 on: September 21, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »
Season 3 on Thursday!

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #2041 on: September 21, 2018, 07:55:06 PM »
Maniac is very good. Very. Good.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #2042 on: October 24, 2018, 06:38:48 AM »
Daredevil's third season might not be the strongest season, but it does flesh out some characters in interesting ways. The non-Colin Farrell-version of Bullseye was pretty good, too.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2043 on: October 24, 2018, 11:06:06 PM »
Making a Murder Season 2 was also frustratingly good, though felt a bit stretched at times.  Though, it puts the show in an odd spot, should they have waited for the events to play out further and come to a place of resolution or will there be a Season 3 in a few years? I am stuck wanting to follow up on current developments but then those would be spoilers if there is a season 3. 

Of course, these are all horrible thoughts given the real life ramifications of all those involved. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2044 on: October 25, 2018, 12:27:48 PM »
The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell

The Martha Stewart meets Pee-wee's Playhouse by way of the Adam's Family cooking show I didn't know I needed.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #2045 on: October 29, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »
Making a Murder Season 2 was also frustratingly good, though felt a bit stretched at times.

Agreed. The editing isn't nearly as sharp as in Part One, which is to be expected, really, given the different time frames of both the content and the production. Still pretty good and fairly engrossing, but also rather bloated compared to the masterful first part.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2046 on: October 30, 2018, 03:22:48 PM »
Billions

After a so/so 1st season - I went all in and finally returned to binge seasons 1 & 2.
I was not disappointed.
Rich and powerful people behaving badly is a genre I can get behind.
Love all of the continuous pop culture references/movie quotes and Wags (played by David Constable) is a CINECAST!ing revelation. He is a joy to watch as is the slow seduction of Dr Wendy Rhoades.
Looking forward to season 4.
Hey, nice marmot!

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2047 on: November 02, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

A very good adaptation of the revamped comic, which shouldn't be a surprise because Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa did both. Shipka is very good, showing a lot of range, and being a lot more fun than I honestly expected her to be. The supporting cast is very strong. Especially Michelle Gomez who is an amazing presence and great deal of fun as a witch with mysterious motives. I did think Sabrina's human friends could have been woven into the main storylines in more interesting ways. Too often they're off completely on their own.

Easily got through all ten episodes in just a few sittings.

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #2048 on: November 03, 2018, 07:40:52 PM »
Binge-watched Homecoming on Amazon Prime (U.S.), and I pretty much loved it. Stars Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, Stephan James (recently seen as Jesse Owens in Race), and Sissy Spacek. All 10 episodes (~30 minutes each) directed by Sam "Mr Robot" Esmail.
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #2049 on: November 04, 2018, 04:17:03 AM »
Binge-watched Homecoming on Amazon Prime (U.S.), and I pretty much loved it. Stars Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, Stephan James (recently seen as Jesse Owens in Race), and Sissy Spacek. All 10 episodes (~30 minutes each) directed by Sam "Mr Robot" Esmail.
Awesome! I was listening to a podcast about it called Start Up. They talk about the scene with the bird and it got me really interested.

love