Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226404 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2230 on: August 30, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
There's some prime Adam Scott in later seasons.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2231 on: August 30, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »
Bad Janet is one of my favorite characters. She's just always great.

Janet is one of the best portrayals of an AI in media, I think.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #2232 on: August 30, 2019, 10:31:00 PM »
Finished Season 1, and the final reveal is something that's not sitting right with me right now. My guess is it represents such a fundamental shift to the entire project that I'm resisting the show no longer being what it's been. Obv, that can be a great thing. I just need some time to think about it. Mrs. 1SO is ready for Season 2 immediately, but I'm going to put it off for a bit. Also, her clown phobia was done no favors by that final episode, which has a clown in the frame of nearly every shot, including a couple of new ones inside the bedroom.

I'm stunned that a network television show allowed such an original concept.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2233 on: August 31, 2019, 08:31:30 AM »
I had a few moments of similar feelings about the end of S1, but the second(?) ep. of S2 is so brilliant that it made me trust whatever they wanted to do with the concept.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2234 on: September 01, 2019, 06:23:04 AM »
Finished Season 1, and the final reveal is something that's not sitting right with me right now. My guess is it represents such a fundamental shift to the entire project that I'm resisting the show no longer being what it's been. Obv, that can be a great thing. I just need some time to think about it. Mrs. 1SO is ready for Season 2 immediately, but I'm going to put it off for a bit. Also, her clown phobia was done no favors by that final episode, which has a clown in the frame of nearly every shot, including a couple of new ones inside the bedroom.

I'm stunned that a network television show allowed such an original concept.

I wondered how they were going to continue the show, given the ending of S1. I even felt they should just leave it as one season because I could not see how they could keep it going. But they manage it very well, their imaginations are way better than mine :).

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2235 on: September 02, 2019, 04:03:19 PM »
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Didn't make it through the first episode. It looks amazing. The pacing is very slow, and my personal problem with the series is that I find Gelflings to be the most boring creatures ever created.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2236 on: September 02, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
I want to like that pretty hard. I hope I do.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2237 on: September 04, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
Carnival Row

First episode was engaging enough and it seems like there's room for the story to get weirder and darker, so I'm on board for now. Cara Delevingnengngn is very good and Orlando Bloom has more presence than usual, though the detective dialogue he's given was cliche forty years ago.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #2238 on: September 04, 2019, 11:22:36 PM »
Carnival Row

First episode was engaging enough and it seems like there's room for the story to get weirder and darker, so I'm on board for now. Cara Delevingnengngn is very good and Orlando Bloom has more presence than usual, though the detective dialogue he's given was cliche forty years ago.

I was very intrigued by the trailers, but the first episode did not draw me in (I couldn't even finish it).  I also found it slightly odd that beings that can fly need boats to help them escape, maybe I missed something explaining it or that it is impossibly far for them to fly.  Anyway, I thought Cara was great and I don't mind Orlando, it just seemed very slow.  Maybe I will come back to it when I can give it a fair chance. 
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2239 on: September 05, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »
I really don't get the slow pacing in so many series these days. Well, I guess I do. I've pitched TV series and producers, thinking ahead to what networks are looking for, basically want entire series laid out from the very beginning. Everything will eventually change, but they really want to be convinced there are at least five seasons-worth of story. So, when they're turning a feature screenplay into a multiple-season series they're obviously going to be concerned about having enough material, which seems silly since this is set in a sprawling fantasy world.

Anyway...

Carole & Tuesday

A light-hearted series about inspiration, creativity, and music from the creator of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. I've watched the first four episodes and have really enjoyed it so far. The characters are great and the songs are catchy. And they're exploring some interesting ideas about the future of music creation, pitting our two heroines against a man trying to create hit songs through AI and algorithms. But, does anything really need to be 24 episodes these days?